PDA

View Full Version : mindees arriving alone

Ava's Nana
24-01-2011, 08:37 PM
hi
im about to start minding for my friends 3 young boys, but i dont collect from the school they attend, mum has arranged for her friend whos children attend the same school to collect the boys and bring them straight to my house...my question is, the time on the contract is from 3.15pm but they now wont arrive until 3.40 do i need to change the contract or can i just get mum to write a note or do i need to do nothing? also the eldest boy (11yrs) will be walking home to my house once or twice a week as he has an after school club (he's still in junior school), do i need to get mum to sign an independant arrival policy, not sure how to word it? :panic:

mushpea
25-01-2011, 07:10 AM
I would do a letter ammending the contract for the times and get mum to sign it,,, as for the after school clubs i would get mum to sign to say shes happy for him to walk to yours and that she understands he is not your responsiblility untill he is at your house. although at our juinor school they wont let them out from after school clubs without an adult there to collect them.

mufftie
25-01-2011, 07:10 AM
i would definately get mum to sign a permission slip to say this is ok , that way you are not responsible for the jouney home if anything goes wrong

xdirtydancerx
25-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Agree 100% with the permission slip. I wouldn't want to take any children on without one

JCrakers
25-01-2011, 09:57 AM
I would definitley change the contract to the later time...then if anything should happen (god forbid) then they wont have been in your contracted hrs. and wont actually be your responsibility until 3.40pm
And get in everything in writing and signed.....its usually friends that cause more problems than people you dont know.

Paperwork for the independant arrival could read something like??

I (the parent) allow.....to walk home from school independently from (name of school) and arrive at the childminders by (time) (put days here too)
I will hold full responsibility for the child until he/she has arrived at the childminders. (childs name) must walk straight from school to my childminders and if he/she hasnt arrived by (time), the childminder will ring me on the phone number provided.
Sign.....Date.....

Becky x

maryp0ppins
25-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I would definitley change the contract to the later time...then if anything should happen (god forbid) then they wont have been in your contracted hrs. and wont actually be your responsibility until 3.40pm
And get in everything in writing and signed.....its usually friends that cause more problems than people you dont know.Paperwork for the independant arrival could read something like??

I (the parent) allow.....to walk home from school independently from (name of school) and arrive at the childminders by (time) (put days here too)
I will hold full responsibility for the child until he/she has arrived at the childminders. (childs name) must walk straight from school to my childminders and if he/she hasnt arrived by (time), the childminder will ring me on the phone number provided.
Sign.....Date.....

Becky x

As above like Becky Say's. Also there is an independent arrivals policy on the Bromley childminding website...I used this for one of my mindee's just amend it as you wish!
x

Ava's Nana
25-01-2011, 06:10 PM
thanks everyone for all your help :D

i have written a letter for her to sign to say her friend will bring them to my house and be responsible for them until they arrive. ive also done a permission slip for him to walk home alone and an independant arrival policy.

its so good to have people to turn to for advice...thanks again xx :clapping:

Monkey26
25-01-2011, 06:32 PM
I have an independant arrival/departure policy and permission form now as well as i have an 11 year olds who walk to a meeting place (as i have a double school run but parents really wanted me to still have their child). It works really well; she feels grown up, carries her mobile at all times and on days when i don't have her she walks home alone anyways - its just parents dont want her home alone for 2hours :) x