PDA

View Full Version : Silly comments

Pipsqueak
24-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Why do some parents think they have the right to comment. I have mentioned before that youngest does ballet and this parent was guffawing on again tonight about me going to ballet and then mentioned about J going to... 'haw haw boys in leotards'

cue glares again from me and a rather sheepish dad.....:rolleyes:

James just screwed his nose up at him and walked off:rolleyes:

this is the same dad - last week who started to tell me that taking the kids quad riding was too dangerous.....

errm mind your own business :(

sorry just having a twitter .....

Roseolivia
24-01-2011, 07:25 PM
What a bad mother you are Pip making your son wear a leotard:laughing: :laughing:
My god, at least you know where your son is and he's getting exercise, does it really matter what he does?

Mookins
24-01-2011, 07:28 PM
some of theworlds best boxers took training in ballet to help with them being lighter on their feet and morephysically aware of their body and balance:)

stupid man!!

xx

Pipsqueak
24-01-2011, 07:32 PM
the bloke is a wally (wanted to say something else but can't lol)

as to his comments about quads - I did ask him if he has any experience of them .... apparently not:rolleyes:

Twinkles
24-01-2011, 08:19 PM
So I take it this dad is a little insecure in his own sexuality ? I find those are the sort who have to pigeon hole boys/girls. :D

Happy Bunny
24-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Buy him the film Billy Elliot for Fathers Day!

Playmate
24-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Buy him the film Billy Elliot for Fathers Day!

Like it :D

My son didn't do ballet as a child, He is now studying musical theatre at uni and is having to learn ballet now. He so wishes he had learnt as a child it would have been so much easier. He is also a keen footballer and reckons the strength required to be a male dancer outstrips any footballer.
I must admtit I thought my days of buying leotards, ballet and tap shoes were over when my girls gave up little did I know a couple of years later I would be buying tap and ballet shoes in mens size nine :laughing:
Why do some people feel they have the right to judge :panic:

PixiePetal
24-01-2011, 09:03 PM
the first family I was a nanny to had 2 kids doing ballet for a while - a son and daughter.

They both really enjoyed it - were quite young, about 4 and 6. The ballet class always got a bit in the local village panto so that was always an incentive too!

He is now a barrister :D

jumpinjen
24-01-2011, 09:11 PM
The best comment I have had was a parent saying to me "Well there isn't much of my benefits left once I've paid THE CHILDMINDER" erm, excuse me, I'm standing here!!

She didn't even realise afterwards and look abashed or anything!

jen x

Pipsqueak
24-01-2011, 09:45 PM
hah - child R of said dad said to me on Friday - stop taking my daddies money - its his money, he works for it. I replied its my money now I worked really hard looking after you...... see you Monday...

little monkey - dad just stood and grinned at me:rolleyes:

ajs
24-01-2011, 09:46 PM
there has been research shown that ballet dancers have more physical strength then any other sport
so if James enjoys it good for him

The Juggler
24-01-2011, 10:20 PM
i remember you posting about this dad before. does not surprise me - comments about ballet and boys, comments about you taking his money. good outlook on life this boy will have eh?:rolleyes:

Ripeberry
24-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Sometimes I make silly comments, such as two weeks ago, when we had very frosty weather and the dad had walked from two streets away in T-shirt and shorts!
I said to him, "Too cold for shorts...brr!" he did not reply at this.
Later that week he dropped off mindee and said "I hope my attire meets your fashion sense" :eek:
But he was cool and started to explain that he misses South Africa and to him this is summer :D

kindredspirits
25-01-2011, 07:56 AM
the checkout lady in tesco's at the weekend told me i was 'asking for trouble' when I bought George a cooking barbie that he wanted. :huh: am i breeding (in her words) 'a gay'!?!?!??! :eek: god forbid! :laughing: