PDA

View Full Version : How Times Change!

Hannah_Greenham
24-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Hannah, new to this forum, but second time childminder.

I used to child-mind from about 7-10 years ago and then returned to working in an office part time. Circumstances have changed now and I've recently moved house and want to go back to childminding.

In the in between 7 years though, so much seems to have changed. When I left, it was coming into the time that EVERYONE simply HAD to have NVQ3; now, I've heard from my local council (Herts), that funding has been withdrawn, so its no longer mandatory. I've done my Ofsted application on line (that's new), although a week later I'm still "pending".

My children are 10, 9 and 8 now so many of the "baby proof" needs of the house will need to be replaced. Resources on line and through freecycle seem to be plentiful though ....

I'd really appreciate any hints, tips, advice, pointers from anyone who has recently gone through the registration process, particularly in Hertfordshire, or anyone who has been a childminder 6 plus years ago and can perhaps sympathise and advise on the changes that have been made over the last few years.

Oh, and I love chat forums, so expect to see me here quite a bit! :-)

Mookins
24-01-2011, 06:07 PM
welcome to the best forum on the planet:D

we are a really friendly bunch full of information

xxxx

Playmate
24-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the forum Hannah, I too am in the lovely county of Herts and you are so right about funding :panic: I started studying for the foundation degree in September, Herts paid £1,400 of the £2000 fee, we have recently found out that next year will not be funded at all :rolleyes:
the LA are 50 million in debt and i guess now we all have to suffer:(

good luck with starting up again, feel free to pm me if you feel you want to pick my brains, but i'm sure you will get lots of help on here :clapping: