PDA

View Full Version : child coming to me from a nursery

mufftie
24-01-2011, 01:12 PM
is it possible for me to ask for his lj or do they have to keep it for thier reccords , the child is 18 months , im not sure how long he has been in the nursery but it was full time so it would be nice to see what they have wrote about him rather than me starting again

Tink
24-01-2011, 01:16 PM
They have to pass it on to his parents and you can ask if you can look at it.
I had a lo from nursery Mum brought me the LJ to look at and I was shocked as there were only 3 obs in it:eek: and she was there just over a year!!

Mouse
24-01-2011, 01:17 PM
As far as I know it will be given to parents and it's up to them whether or not they pass it on to you. You could ask them if they would mind letting you see it - say that you are interested to know what lo has been doing while he's at nursery so that you can build up a picture of his likes/dislikes etc. and carry on fillin it in for them.

Nursery should also do a transfer form to pass onto you, but I've never yet had one from a nursery :rolleyes: I suppose it partly depends whether the parents have told nursery he is going to be going to a childminder.

mufftie
24-01-2011, 01:18 PM
No hun they have to pass it on to you to carry on with his care.
I had a lo from nursery Mum brought me the LJ to look at and I was shocked as there were only 3 obs in it:eek: and she was there just over a year!!

sorry thats what i meant if they would pass it on to his parents , im sure they will let me see

flowerpots
24-01-2011, 01:20 PM
yes hun, they will give it to mum on lo's last day. My dd left day nursery just before xmas, she was only attending 2 days a week to help her lose her seperation anxiety, she was there for 7months and when nursery passed over lj i found 3 pages in it: an ob, a pic she had done and a timed ob:eek: so dont get your hopes up, you may just recieve a few bits a paper:rolleyes:

not very positive was it?:laughing:

mufftie
24-01-2011, 01:27 PM
i have heard this a lot that lj's dont get done in nursery's , its not acceptable really is it when they supposidly have lots of staff