PDA

View Full Version : Pre Reg Visit & EYFS???

tash1508
24-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Sorry if this sounds like I am totally thick but does anyone know, when Ofsted come to do your pre-reg visit do they question you on the EYFS?
And if so how in depth.
Basically what I want to know is how much of it I have to remember off the top of my head!! Have read all the pack and also got a fab book by Penny Tassoni which has been really useful!
Thanks guys x

the happy house
24-01-2011, 12:01 PM
On my pre-reg I was asked to name the six areas of development and to name an activity within each area that would be suitable for a very young child, and one for an older child.

Your pre-reg book has the sorts of questions you may be asked. Well worth filling in as preparation.

tash1508
24-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks Tracey,
Have started filling in the booklet, do they let you refer to it while they are there?
Am starting to get nervous now, think my brain will go to mush when they arrive :(
Thanks x

dolly daycare
24-01-2011, 12:15 PM
At my pre-reg visit, I was allowed to refer to my pre-reg visit booklet. I was so nervous I just read from it for nearly every answer.:blush: Mrs P didn't mind at all.

The actual visit wasn't as bad as I thought and looking back their really wasn't any reason to get nervous. Mrs P was very nice and very helpful.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

tash1508
24-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks so much for your encouragement! Probably am worrying about nothing will try to relax a little now!
Thanks x