PDA

View Full Version : Morning Off

kel1983
24-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I was due to have a LO at 9am this morning. She is occassionally late so I didnt think much of iit until about 9.45 when I thought mum should have been at work by now and she usually text to say if she is running late. About 9.55am mum rang me in a panic. She had set her alarm wrong and had only just woken up. She was going to ring her work and apologise and decided to just take the day off unpaid. She said she will still pay me full.

Last week she asked me if I would have the LO an extra day this week so she could catch up at work. Do you think I should just forget charging her for today and charge her for the extra day as if it was today or would you still charge her the extra day on top. I usually charge half fees if the LO is ill

Any way I am enjoying a nice cuppa tea and cream bun and planning on doing a bit of online shopping. Got a 3 year old from 1.30pm so will save some of my energy for then :laughing:

A little advice would be great. Thanks in advance

AliceK
24-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Personally I would still charge as usual. It was mums decision to keep LO at home and don't foget you are running a business and in my opinion if you give an inch they'll take a mile. I have learnt the hard way and am much tougher now.

xxxxx

mufftie
24-01-2011, 12:56 PM
id charge the half for today and full for the extra

lucky you having the morning off , its a long time since i got any time tottally child free :(

kel1983
24-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I think I'm gonna still charge as usual. She did say on the phone she will pay full.

Oh and just received another phone call this time from my 3 year olds mum saying she is ill and wont be ble to get him to me this afternoon. So make that a whole day off. Will go and put all the toys away again :angry:

mufftie
24-01-2011, 01:16 PM
blimey you are lucky