PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

bestmum2have
23-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi, was hoping for some advice as I am thinking is it all worth it any more. I've been minding since 84, l have looked after many children yet recently someone is out there is trying to upset my childminding.
August last year I was reported, i was investigated and nothing happened.
It was a false accussation. Now again this week I was reported again. I think its the same women, again it was a false accussation,
but this time Mrs O found that I hadn't filled our my attendance record out since xmas. I know I did wrong, but Ive had alot of family problems going on.
Mrs O said she'd action me because of this, what does this mean?
What if I get anymore complaints against me?
These are the first complaints in all my time minding.

glitzygal
23-01-2011, 10:51 PM
some people can be rite:censored:

i am sorry you are going through this, its a hard enough job and to have that happening you must going out your mind........

be strong, when they come out be positive, and i dont think they can do anything about it unless they find what the complaint was for is genuin...

an action i think means you have a sertain amount of time to do something,,, like 1 month for example,,,,,,,,,

cant imagine what your feeling,, but you must not let the person get the better of you .... hold you head high,, you are doing a great job im sure...:clapping:

i must get parents to sign mine ,,,,,,, get on top,,

sorry if its no help, but didnt want to read and not say something..x

bestmum2have
23-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks for replying so quickly, I feel as if I'm being watched all the time. I find myself looking over my shoulder.
I think its an old parent who left me nearly eighteen months ago, i looked after her son for two years to the best of my ability and this is what she has done to me.

glitzygal
23-01-2011, 11:17 PM
its just not fair if they hold a gruge by the sounds of it.

try not to get to paranoid, you have kids with you so concentrate on them not her..

good luck,,:thumbsup:

mufftie
24-01-2011, 07:14 AM
use this as a chance to step back take a look and concentrate on putting your business in order and catch up on your paperwork , so that if ever it happens again you can hold your head up high and show them that your doing a good job .

its pure jelousy that people do things out of spite and dont let that ruin things for you

sending big hugs your way :thank you:

The Juggler
24-01-2011, 07:29 AM
oh hon that's awful. if you can try to make some friends out of the local minders. They will probably know if there is a rotten apple in the bunch but don't worry too much who it is as long as you know you are doing right you can brush it off and hold your head high.

sending a hugx

curlycathy
24-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Honey that really struck a chord with me - my first week of minding I had someone make a malicious complaint about me which was totally unfounded. I so know what you mean about looking over your shoulder - it took me such a long time to get over that because I was subjected to a horrible campaign - like you I am pretty certain who it was but have no proof - cos of course Ofsted will protect them but not us!!!

You will feel better - you've not done anything wrong. The attendance register will be filled in now - just use it like someone said as an opportunity to have a New Year look through of all your paperwork.

Take care and pm me if you like xxxxx

moogster1a
24-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I had something similar. Mrs. O came the first week EYFS came in to investigate the unfounded complaint and I hadn't done any written risk assessments. She actioned it which means on my next inspection report it is noted as number of complaints since last inspection, 1; number upheld, 1 as I wasn't working to the legal framework.
I'm still fuming about it and will be even more when I see that on my report for 3 years.

bestmum2have
24-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Thank you for the support I feel terrible at the moment. I've spent all weekend tweaking my paperwork, I didn't have much to do really that's the must annoying thing. Well at least it's all done now.