PDA

View Full Version : Citroen c4 grand picasso drivers

linzi133
23-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone
I am still on the quest for the perfect double buggy that will fit in my car with all 7 seat up!

Has anyone got ant suggestions!?
I am currently using a Jane power twin but I need 1 seat down to fit it in and it just fits in.
I have my LO who will be 2 in march ( although he is very tall for his age) and I gave a 1 yr old.

Any help appreciated
Lindsey

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Have you tried taking the wheels off the powertwin?

linzi133
23-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes it is still too bulky....... I haven't found the power twin to be as small as I thought it would be.

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 08:34 PM
No i agree it is bulky- i don't tend to put mine in the care even though it is quite spacious.

What about an umbrella fold like a Maclaren?

Zoomie
23-01-2011, 08:41 PM
hi
i have same car and same buggy, and exactly the same problem.

i don't need all 7 seats and my double but my only suggestion would be to go to a shop and ask to try a number of double buggies in the back.

I have enough trouble trying to get the boot closed with my mclaren xlr, let alone a double one :)

linzi133
23-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I love the powertwin. But I thunk I'm going to gave to go down the umbrella style. I've been trying not too as my LO is a big 2 year old and my 1 yr old is a little dot and the weight difference is pretty big. And in the past when I ave used an Umbrella style the weight difference made me have a bad shoulder from having to push harder one side. So I have always used a tandem for tha reason. I was hoping someone would tell me there was a tandem that fit in the boot!!!!

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Would the two year old not go on a buggyboard?

linzi133
23-01-2011, 09:06 PM
He's not quite 2 yet. And he will walk when doing the school run(from the car). But it's more for when we go out and about. I haven't tried him on a buggy board yet.
I do have a buggy pod but I don't think I have it attached to my buggy properly yet I need to have a bit more play before I put him in it

snufflepuff
23-01-2011, 09:09 PM
This might be a silly question but do you need to have all 7 seats up? You mention 2 LO's, but do you also have schoolies or older children? Sorry if i'm being silly!

linzi133
23-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Yes one day a week I have 4 under 5's (2 at nursery) and 2 schoolies. So I do need to put the seats up but just one day a week. Ive been ok up to now as my oh has managed to get home before the evening school run and keeps our LO at home while the rest of us go on the run. But it won't be long before he goes back on shifts. Also my LO gets very tired at school run time and is going through the lovely terrible twos so can be a bit of a handful when I am relying on him to hold my hand while I push the single buggy. I feel as though it could be recipe for disaster. He is generally really good and holds my hand and walk beautifully but at his age I don't want to always rely on him to ALWAYS be good! Having the option of putting him securely in a buggy would be better for everyone...... If you know what I mean!

snufflepuff
23-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Ahh I see! I agree with you completely, my son will be 2 in a few weeks time and although sometimes he walks very nicely for quite a distance, other times we only get round the corner and he is on the floor having a tantrum! Much safer to have him in the buggy as I have either one or two more toddlers with me.

king
24-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a c4 grande and can fit my double Maclaren in with all 7 seats in use. It needs all the wheels facing the same way and the cover flappy things need to be folded away under the chairs. I use to really struggle at first but now I know how its easy. Good luck

linzi133
24-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for that....that is exactly the info I need!

all i need now is to find a cheap mcClaren and smuggle it into the house without OH seeing it!