PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a work mobile?

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I was given a new mobile phone for xmas and it came with a new SIM. I have put my old SIM in the new phone because I want to keep my personal number the same but I now have the opportunity to have a work mobile for free (new SIM in the old mobile).

It won't cost me anything, apart from phone credit but I would have paid that anyway. I will however, have to change all my advertising. The only cost for this would be new business cards at around £5. It would be easier to do my accounts as 100% of the credit for this phone would go through.

Do you have a work mobile?
Is it nice being able to leave it at home/turn it off?
Or is it a pain carrying two phones about?

Your thoughts appreciated. X

FussyElmo
23-01-2011, 03:49 PM
No I dont Im terrible with one phone never mind 2. I think the record I have for missed calls in one day is 26........nothing important just dh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

curlycathy
23-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I never have but have often thought about it - too late now cos I'm giving up!

I do know cms who do have a separate work phone though and they say it is nice to know they can switch it off - parents know that it is switched off outside of work hours.

Although you would maybe have to keep checking in case they needed to let you know if lo ill for example?

Accounts would be easier - I've never put through cost of work calls/texts cos it would take too long to work out and I know I've lost out.

Mrs Pootle
23-01-2011, 04:19 PM
I only have one mobile and the reason I have that one is for work. I never had a mobile until I started childminding, but realised that I really need it for being able to contact parents etc in an emergency.
I hate people phoning or texting all the time, so although DH has my number no-one else other than my mindees parents can get hold of me when I am not in the house. I load it with about £10 credit every two months :blush:

Kes
23-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I have 2 phones, 1 work and 1 personal. I find it easier to put through the books as I put through whatever I top my work phone with.
During the week on school runs and things I only carry my work phone but my hubby and my mum have my work number and know that if they need to get hold of me in an emergency their more likely to get me on that one.

I only switch my work phone off when I'm on holiday but some nights I put it on silent so I'm not woken early. On my last time off I switched my phone back on on the friday I was travelling back and it kept going off with my parents making sure that I was coming back.:rolleyes:

christine e
23-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't have two mobiles but in your position think I would start using two. I wouldn't carry around two phones though. Would carry my work phone when working and my personal one when not working. Would give my work number to a few trusted non work people such as family but ask that they only use it when they can't get me on personal number and if urgent.

Cx

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I think I probably will start using it.

Ideally i would love one phone which had two incoming lines but those only come with contract phones and i don't want one of those.

I would have to carry both around though as places like my sons' school have my current mobile.

manjay
23-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Sounds like hard work to me:rolleyes: I just have one and don't answer it if I don't want to speak to someone. My parents always text which is what I prefer. But mine has all my emails and everything coming through on it and I like to have that all the time. Mine is 90% work related so that is what goes through my books.

rickysmiths
23-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I agree with Manjay. Two phones sounds too complicated. I'm sure I'd loose one or pick up the wrong one on the way out or something. I just put a % of whar ever I top up in a month into my books depending on the number of calls and texts I used for cm. I only top up £10pm anyway so its never a large amount.

Minstrel
23-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh see now everyone keeps raising very good points and i keep changing my mind! ARGH :D

MaryMary
23-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Have you thought of using the new SIM for personal use, and the old one for business? You can tell your friends you have changed number, and you won't have to change any advertising :)
I only have one phone, but I have never put any of the costs through my books. It never even occurred to me :blush: I think I will though. I pay £10 per month on a contract, so I may work out a typical monthly percentage of business use (it's probably at least 50%) - it all adds up!