PDA

View Full Version : help please :)

AgnesManch
23-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello. Me and my friend will be childminding at my friends house and was just wondering if Im gonna "put" my daughter under my friend name and contract can I claim back the childcare costs? I was gonna send my daughter to other childminder but after a good thinking have changed my mind as I think will be better if she will stay with me so I get the chance to see her for the whole day. The lady from Ofsted said that if im gonna send her to other childminder then my no of childrenn will increase as its not at my house so do you know if she will be under my friend I can get help with childcare costs and if then I can have 3 children under 5year old?
Sorry for the writing but Im Polish and not sure if my sentences make any sense? and thank you for help.

flowerpots
23-01-2011, 01:27 PM
she will still be classed in your numbers even if you send her to your friend or another childminder.

Im not sure about claiming for the childcare, i it would be best to get a definate answer from tax credits for that one.

p.s. your sentences were very good.:D

AgnesManch
23-01-2011, 01:32 PM
flowerpots thank you :) when Ive had my inspection the lady from Ofsted said that if Im gonna send my daughter to other childminder then she will not be classed in my numbers as Im not childminding at my own house so the no from 2 will increase to 3 under 5 yo. now im confused :)
will ring tax office to ask them about costs :)
thank you for help :) and Im glad you understand my writing :blush:

sarah707
23-01-2011, 01:39 PM
It is my understanding that you are classed as responsible for your own child at all times when they are under the age of 5 (full time school).

That's whether your child is in nursery or pre-school (full or part time), with another childminder, down the road with your mother, out with their father etc.

One of the reasons is because you will have to collect them if they are ill, but there are others.

From what I understand of the regulations, your ratios on your childminding certificate will always keep a space free for them.

So if you have 1 child under the age of 5 you will only be allowed to look after 2 more... if you have 2 children under the age of 5 you will only be allowed to look after 1 more etc.

I would get what the inspector told you very clearly in writing from Ofsted before making any plans.

Your English is very good! :D

Blaze
23-01-2011, 01:58 PM
As Sarah says! You can claim for your own childcare cost via the childcare element of tax credits, so if you send your child to another childminder, then the fees paid are your childcare costs and a percentage can be claimed.
HTH:)