PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone studied with the Childcare College?

acorns
22-01-2011, 08:21 PM
I've been looking at some of the courses offered by the above and wondered if anyone has studied with them and what your experience was like?
thanks

http://www.childcarecollege.co.uk/child-day-care/course-introduction/

flowerpots
23-01-2011, 07:47 AM
im bumping, id like to know if any1 used them too. x:thumbsup:

acorns
23-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I like the look of them as it appears you learn what you need but it doesn't take months on end (& prices are reasonable too)

flowerpots
23-01-2011, 01:08 PM
bumping :laughing: :laughing:

rickysmiths
23-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Having looked at the Course it says its an NVQ Level 3 equivilent. It does not demonstrate any recognition of EYFS even though it covers some of the aspects of it. It seems very American in its approach and not really geared to Childminders. Although the cost and method of completing the work seem good.

I prefer the courses offered by The National Extention College they are more geared to Childminding.

It may also be worth enquiring with your LA. We are finding with the reduction of budgets in our area after the 31st March the Early Years poeple are busting a gut to provide training at reduced prices before thet. In our area NVQs have cost around £2000 and have meant college at 6.30pm which is impossible for most of us to do. Last week they announced the new Workbased Childcare NVQ Level 3 course for £500 with half being paid by LA, so £250 and it is one Sat a month plus work based assesment. Much easier for alot of us to access. They reckon it will take 12-18mth. 2 of us are going to an information evening the week after next.

mel3556
09-03-2013, 04:08 PM
I've been looking at some of the courses offered by the above and wondered if anyone has studied with them and what your experience was like?
thanks

Course Introduction (http://www.childcarecollege.co.uk/child-day-care/course-introduction/)

I am studying the Level 3 childrens and young peoples workforce (Part A) This is the theory part. I have a placement for when I am ready to begin part B which is all assessed. They provide a handbook which I dont really use as I have brought the books from Amazon before enrolling.

I have checked with info@ncfe.org and this is an accredited qaulification.

Hope this helps for anyone looking into this course.... :thumbsup: