PDA

View Full Version : bit disappointed!

levason
22-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone!!

I know i'm being a bit silly but I had my first parent visit yesterday (im new to childminding) was a bit nervous but thought it went really well, they were lovely and the lady said at the end that she had pretty much made her mind up that she wanted to send her son to me, but I thought if that was the case I would have heard something by now and I haven't? feeling slightly gutted especially as I live out in the sticks and am really worrying that Im just not going to get any interest!:(

beccas
22-01-2011, 05:38 PM
leave it till tuesday and give her a ring if she not called you asking if she wanted place cos someone else had enquired and she came first etc...

its teh weekend maybe she doesnt want to disturb you

singlewiththree
22-01-2011, 05:40 PM
It could be she hasn't thought to let you know.

I am waiting for a parent to ring me, we met at toddlers a few times and in the playground I have asked her to ring me for a visit as she said can I have her son 3 days a week. I've not heard a thing from her BUT have had 2 people come up to me to tell me they have heard from her that I am having her son! :eek: I will see her again on Tuesday at toddlers so going to get her to commit to a date and time to visit.

Give it a little longer and she will probably call.

Chimps Childminding
22-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't worry too much!! I had the same - parent visited me last Tuesday, more or less said she wanted me to have lo and was going into work on Thursday to sort out days etc. still not heard anything though :(

I always ask parents to let me know either way - so I am not waiting around and have included my email address on my paperwork so that they can email me if they prefer (especially if the choose not to use me).

As Beccas said, give her a few days after the weekend then give her a quick ring and ask if she thinks she will need you as you have had another enquiry :thumbsup:

Good luck!

miffy
22-01-2011, 05:45 PM
It might simply be that she thinks she has confirmed things by what she said at the end of her visit.

Give her a few days and then telephone if you've not heard anything more

Miffy xx

suzyblue
22-01-2011, 06:17 PM
She may have organised visits to a few childcare places and is just continuing with them before she calls you to confirm.

I did have someone come to visit once- she didnt say if she wanted the place, then she went on holiday. Not knowing this I took someone else on and she was most put out when she returned from holiday and the space was gone.

levason
22-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks girls & guys!

I know I'm going to have families that don't choose me but i'm just so worried that Im not going to get any interest where I live so pin my hopes on every enquiry,lol! xx

flowerpots
22-01-2011, 07:18 PM
ahe may just be very considerate and doesnt want to disturb you outside of 'working hours', as others have said i would give her a call on tuesday, also take the fact that she came to have a look around as a positive as you are obviuosly within reach for some even if you are out in the sticks.

Goodluck hun. xx

mushpea
22-01-2011, 07:36 PM
i had a parent come to see me who at the end said she would really like her child to come to me but she had booked to see the local nursery and felt she still had to attend the appointment,, she did choose me in the end and I looked after him for over 2yrs and still have him in the school hols so dont get disheartned,, could be shes just not in that much of a rush and hadnt thought you would be sitting there waiting to here (as i have done in the past), as others have said ou can always contact her midweek.

levason
22-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks again, think im in panic mode now as my contract for my other job finishes in March and is there is no funding to continue it so as of March I could be jobless and starting to get a little stressed by it!xx

levason
22-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks again, think im in panic mode now as my contract for my other job finishes in March and is there is no funding to continue it so as of March I could be jobless and starting to get a little stressed by it!xx

The Juggler
23-01-2011, 12:50 PM
leave it till tuesday and give her a ring if she not called you asking if she wanted place cos someone else had enquired and she came first etc...

its teh weekend maybe she doesnt want to disturb you

that's what I always say when I haven't heard back:thumbsup:

levason
24-01-2011, 09:48 AM
***update**

well she phoned me this morning and they want to send their son to ME, I am soooooo happy!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

they want 3 full days a week starting in may, which is fine as i don't finish my job till end of march, am sooooooo chuffed, thanks for all your support and encouragement!xxx

Alibali
24-01-2011, 02:25 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
24-01-2011, 10:26 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: