PDA

View Full Version : Numbers....clarification please

Jess214
22-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Afternoon, I have a 4yr DD and 2yr DS. DD will start school full time in sept as will the 2 boys I mind over the course of the week. So.....am I right in thinking that as of Sept I can take on a new under 5 as my daughter no longer counts in my under 5 numbers as she is a 'rising five'?
If this is right do I need to inform ofsted that she is a rising 5?
I'm soooooooo confused! A friend had her 1st inspection the other day and was pulled up on this as Mrs O said Osted had changed their clarification of this and said she would be grading her as adequete as she was in breach of her numbers. She has since had a call from Mrs O to say she won't be marking her adequete seeing as she had been misadvised. I will call Ofsed but wanted to sound you guys out first.
Thanks
Jess :panic:

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 05:06 PM
When they start full-time all day school they are normally classed in your over 5s (OFSTED umm & ahh about this and keep saying different things).

Your overall numbers will stay the same so providing that you have an over 5 space for your mindees and daughter you shouldn't have a problem. You will gain an under 5 space but loose an over 5 space IYSWIM. You will need to inform OFSTED closer to the time so they can amend your certificate.

Jess214
22-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Fab! Thanks for simplifying it!! I don't have any over 5's in readyness.
Jess

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Once your DD starts 10 sessions (full time school) email Ofsted and they will change your numbers to show that you can have 2 under 5's and x under 8's. You max will still be the same (usually 4) but you could then have more in either age group you want.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2011, 07:59 PM
If Ofsted didn't send your friend a new certificate then she has to work with the one she has got. Tell her to look at it and if she is within the numbers, APPEAL immediately