PDA

View Full Version : I got a grant

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I have been given a grant from my LA today:clapping: :clapping:

£150 for elec/oil and £348 for recources:clapping: :clapping:

So I am getting a teepee, a camoflage net and a wicker toddler bed :jump for joy: . Had to tell them what I wnated before hand:thumbsup:

Never had a grant before :D probably wont again:rolleyes:

Mouse
22-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Well done you :clapping:

I've had £3500 worth of grants over the past 2 years but sadly they've all been stopped now. Shame really, I was looking forward to the ICT grant.

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Well done you :clapping:

I've had £3500 worth of grants over the past 2 years but sadly they've all been stopped now. Shame really, I was looking forward to the ICT grant.

Lucky you - asked for a digital camera and that was declined:(

I obviously have always lived in the wrong places:rolleyes:

Mrs Pootle
22-01-2011, 02:23 PM
That's great news :clapping: I don't think there are any grants in my area :( & I'd love to get my garden steps turned into a slope so it is more user friendly.

Mouse
22-01-2011, 02:25 PM
We really were very lucky, though they're the only grants I've had in almost 15 years of minding. They were just never given to cms before. We were fortunate to have some fantastic childminding support staff on the local authority childcare team who pushed very hard for us to be included. Sadly they've all lost their jobs in the latest round of cutbacks, so we're pretty much on our own now :(

happytotschildminding
22-01-2011, 02:56 PM
You are sooooo lucky! I've only ever had the start up grant which they are stopping now.

I want a grant:crying:

Carol
xxx

manjay
22-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow good for you! I applied last year for funds to pay PLI and NCMA membership for myself and dh which was agreed.

Now I am taking part in a pilot scheme for Flying Start which gives me £300 to spend on resources:clapping:

aly
22-01-2011, 03:49 PM
i've just been sent a letter to say there is another grant we can apply for {£100} if we wanted so have requested that now...not sure what to buy with it lol.

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Wow good for you! I applied last year for funds to pay PLI and NCMA membership for myself and dh which was agreed.

Now I am taking part in a pilot scheme for Flying Start which gives me £300 to spend on resources:clapping:

Our area has 2% too few children on free school meals to qualify for Flying start:rolleyes: - Meets all other criteria

The Juggler
22-01-2011, 04:39 PM
well done! lucky you. were were asked, then they just bought a load of stuff for the children's centre that we can borrow.:(

miffy
22-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Well done - enjoy!

Miffy xx

brightstar
22-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I have been given a grant from my LA today:clapping:

£150 for elec/oil and £348 for recources:clapping: :clapping:

So I am getting a teepee, a camoflage net and a wicker toddler bed :jump for joy: . Had to tell them what I wnated before hand:thumbsup:

Never had a grant before :D probably wont again:rolleyes:

YAY me too Tulip, and my friend got it too. I'm getting a climbing frame. :jump for joy:

manjay
22-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Our area has 2% too few children on free school meals to qualify for Flying start:rolleyes: - Meets all other criteria

Ah see I don't actually live in the Flying Start area but there are pockets of our county which are designated Flying Start. Conditions of our Network are that we become accredited to accept Flying Start places although in reality it would be unlikely that a 2 year old would travel to me for a funded place. However what I am able to provide is care for younger siblings of some of the 2 year olds which Flying Start will fund also.

manjay
22-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Just reminded me too that I was supposed to pass someones best wishes on to you but I forgot her name:blush:

It was one of the ladies that did our introduction evening of Geiriau Bach! We start this week:clapping: so I will try and find out her name next time x

Cammie Doodle
22-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Enjoy. Carolyn and I had great fun spending ours :laughing: I have just been given a story sack last week :thumbsup: Kids love it

xdirtydancerx
22-01-2011, 06:09 PM
What is flying start? I've never heard of it. Then again our DOs aren't very forthcoming with information :rolleyes:

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Just reminded me too that I was supposed to pass someones best wishes on to you but I forgot her name:blush:

It was one of the ladies that did our introduction evening of Geiriau Bach! We start this week:clapping: so I will try and find out her name next time x

My tutor was Sharon Lewis and Eileen Merriman organises it. I did meet others too and got a special mention along with another minder at the FP Conference.

Enjoy the course and be prepared for FUN!!

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 08:45 PM
What is flying start? I've never heard of it. Then again our DOs aren't very forthcoming with information :rolleyes:

Some areas of the country have been deemed "Flying Start areas". Manjay & I are both in Wales so it may be different from England. If an area meets so many points of "deprivation" then they can get extra funding and stuff from Europe & WAG (Welsh Assembly Govt). One of the things is that children are funded for a nursery/childminder place earlier.

xdirtydancerx
22-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Some areas of the country have been deemed "Flying Start areas". Manjay & I are both in Wales so it may be different from England. If an area meets so many points of "deprivation" then they can get extra funding and stuff from Europe & WAG (Welsh Assembly Govt). One of the things is that children are funded for a nursery/childminder place earlier.

Ah that may be why I've not heard of it ;) But I will google it later and see anyways lol. Thanks for replying :thumbsup: