PDA

View Full Version : MEd fee?

butterfly
22-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I have to pay for my MEd dissertation this month. Do you think I can put it down as an expense against tax?

rickysmiths
22-01-2011, 12:40 PM
My feeling would be a %. It is not a requirement to be a cm but it is part of your professional development.

manjay
22-01-2011, 12:45 PM
and I would put the whole lot through. All my degree expenses go through my books as although it is not a requirement of my job neither are most of the other training courses I do. The costs of those go as expenses. I do it to improve myself and my practice.

tulip0803
22-01-2011, 12:47 PM
and I would put the whole lot through. All my degree expenses go through my books as although it is not a requirement of my job neither are most of the other training courses I do. The costs of those go as expenses. I do it to improve myself and my practice.

In Wales we are expected by CSSIW to undergo continued professional development and have to show it in our SAF (like your SEF) so I would put all expences through for all courses that I do.

rickysmiths
22-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Yes when you see it written like this I suppose you would put it all though wouldn't you.

tashaleee
22-01-2011, 01:24 PM

I would do the same - I put all my degree related costs through - if I wasnt childminding I would be doing the degree and it is all to improve my practice :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Not sure what an med is but if it is childminding related then put through all the costs, registration, transport, babysitting etc

butterfly
22-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Not sure what an med is but if it is childminding related then put through all the costs, registration, transport, babysitting etc

sorry Debbie - I'm completing my Masters Degree in Education (MEd) and have to pay £375 this month to complete my dissertation. I hadn't thought about putting through travel etc. I have put through my textbooks as they're helping me improve my practice and are basically an asset of my business just like the toys and equipment.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2011, 02:46 PM
sorry Debbie - I'm completing my Masters Degree in Education (MEd) and have to pay £375 this month to complete my dissertation. I hadn't thought about putting through travel etc. I have put through my textbooks as they're helping me improve my practice and are basically an asset of my business just like the toys and equipment.

I would say all of it then and well done you :D

venus89
22-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I would agree with all the above, and about travel - I've been putting my mileage in for EYPS.