PDA

View Full Version : Waterproofs....

SammyM
21-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Hiya - am looking to get some waterproofs for the kiddies just to keep by the back door so they can slip them on to go and play in the garden.

in your experience what are better, just the elasticated trousers or the whole zip up suit??? I'm thinking that they all come in warm coats anyway, and wouldn't really wear these under the zip up suit and if they wore it over the top then it defeats the object really - What are your thoughts???

Plus has anyone got any links for cheap suppliers of these, looked at muddy puddle but they are quite pricey really.

singlewiththree
21-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Waterproof trousers are cheap from decathalon. I have a couple of pairs and also the all-in-ones but the trousers are easier.

beccas
21-01-2011, 06:46 PM
i got some pubble suits all in one waterproofs for the kids for 14.99 each from little trekkers they are brilland fast delivery

TammyN
21-01-2011, 08:01 PM
i got named waterproof from amerenth embroidery, they are fab :thumbsup:

The Juggler
22-01-2011, 08:45 AM
waterproofworld.co.uk - regatta all in ones for £14 ish (free delivery too) :)

georgie456
22-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I always get the zip up all-in-ones. All of mine are Regatta ones and have all come very cheap from Ebay!!!!

Hayley102
22-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I got mine from waterproof world - all in ones for under 3's then trousers for 3 and 4 years. I found site very usefull and quick to deliver. I don't use them loads but find it gives the kids more freedom in the damp weather and helpful for exploring the snow and puddle jumping. I also have a nature reserve close by and when we go to feed the birds my younger mindees can then sit on the ground so I don't panic about them falling in the water as they throw the seed.

dobby
22-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I have persuaded most of my parents to buy them for their own use as I have alot of rising twos and these are perfect for that age. Ebay is the best place even for new and most of them got something under £10, some under£5.
I prefer the all in ones as then you dont have the worry of nice coats getting mucky, plus if you get the unlined ones, they are perfect for springtime too. They dont where coast under usually, mainly heavy fleeces which i have a couple or they bring. It has worked really well for us and the parents love having the suits to take toddlers out at the weekend.

hth