PDA

View Full Version : learning journey, themes or not?

v 1461
21-01-2011, 10:49 AM
hi,

I have a folder " learning journey " for each child with:
- " me" form
- observation with picture, photos, or narrative ones which I link to EYFS.
- parents feedback

should I include some weekly planning in learning journey ( if not where do you put the weekly planning)?

do you have themes/ topic that you work with? one of my friend told me I should do themes. e.g.= insect ( read books about insects, go outside and look for indect, make craft related to insect...)for about 2 weeks.
I don't do themes/ topic, I only do lots of different things but don't stick to one.

should I start with topic and stay for a while with it, doing a big obs on one topic...?

thank you
v

clio0602
21-01-2011, 11:12 AM
For under 3's I just put in individual planning following current interests and with over 3's I also have a theme ie at mo we are doing winter(usually follow seasonal theme for 3mths) and birds, nxt wk is around winter and australia day, wk after winter and chinese new yr. In march I wil start spring and prob do mini beasts for at lects a couple of wks althoug prob the whole month. Depends how interested the children are, how often they attend and how big a theme it is. Hth X

sarah707
21-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I put children's individual planning into their Learning Journey folders.

I plan to their interests from observations and for older children I plan to the seasons, the weather, things that are happening locally and globally etc.

I only make brief notes in their LJ ... just enough so parents know what they have been doing :D

mufftie
21-01-2011, 11:55 AM
i dont really put 'planning into lj , just a brief 'next step' after an observation