PDA

View Full Version : Washable paint help

keeks
21-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I bought Crayola washable paints and had a good painting session with mindee yesterday. When we tried to wash our hands afterwards it would not come off. I don't want to think about how it could have stained the carpet, wall etc. Also I thought the paint smelled a little strong.

So, can anyone recommend ready mixed paints that are actually washable and suitable for babies too?

Thanks
xx

amirose
21-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I have used paints from all over that have been fine but I have heard really bad things about the Crayola paints. In fact I bet if you googled it you would find lots of people who have had the same problem as you.

kel1983
21-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I use the ELC ready mixed paints. It washes off hands brilliantly. I cant say if it comes out of carpets as I've not had to try that yet and the same with clothes.

We have a wipeable table cloth on our dining room table and they easily wipe clean off of this.

The Juggler
21-01-2011, 01:09 PM
i use the ELC ones - never had a problem but the ones at children's centre never seem to come off after washing clothes - think they might be crayola or Galt.

Minstrel
22-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Pop a squirt of washing up liquid in it before use. :thumbsup:

babs
22-01-2011, 08:29 PM

this works ..... but dont get on carpets , blinds dont wash off i now have green dotted blinds in kitchen :laughing:

Minstrel
22-01-2011, 08:35 PM
this works ..... but dont get on carpets , blinds dont wash off i now have green dotted blinds in kitchen :laughing:

Oh dear! :laughing: :laughing:

The worst stain i have in my house is from a dropped cup of Ribena which hit my yellow kitchen wall. It stained it terribly and I've never bought Ribena since :panic:

keeks
22-01-2011, 09:07 PM
I use the ELC ready mixed paints. It washes off hands brilliantly. I cant say if it comes out of carpets as I've not had to try that yet and the same with clothes.

We have a wipeable table cloth on our dining room table and they easily wipe clean off of this.

I bought some today, they are not as expensive as I imagined. I also bought their finger paints to try out next week.

xx

keeks
22-01-2011, 09:09 PM

I can't believe I didn't think of that, that's what I used to do with our purple and black powder paint in the nursery. :doh:

I've bought the elc ones today, at least now I can alternate I suppose... :thumbsup:

xx

kel1983
22-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I looked at some in Wilkinsons today. I wouldnt trust those either. Definately sticking to ELC paint :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
22-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Crayola are really. really bad I wrote to Crayola a few years ago to tell them how bad they were and that they stained childrens hands etc really badly. They wrote back and told me to use paint brushes next time and in future buy crayola finger paints if the children arent going to be using brushes Havent brought them again!

kel1983
22-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Crayola are really. really bad I wrote to Crayola a few years ago to tell them how bad they were and that they stained childrens hands etc really badly. They wrote back and told me to use paint brushes next time and in future buy crayola finger paints if the children arent going to be using brushes Havent brought them again!

I dont think I would either if thats all they had to say. Even using a paint brush children are likely to get it on them.

mrs_scottydog
22-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I bought some today, they are not as expensive as I imagined. I also bought their finger paints to try out next week.

xx

We've got their finger paints, I think that they are quite good, I use baby wipes to clean their hands after before washing them at the sink and all the colour comes off Hx

jane5
23-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I have had the same problem with crayola. :angry:

I will try the elc, is it right that we can get 10% of elc products?

Polly2
23-01-2011, 05:17 PM
This paint is pretty good too! http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1716891/TTS-Ready-Mix-Paint-Mixed/

keeks
23-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I have had the same problem with crayola. :angry:

I will try the elc, is it right that we can get 10% of elc products?

Yes, we have to bring in proof of registration (which I forget every time so still haven't been able to use the discount :blush: ) and they will issue you with a discount card.

xx

keeks
23-01-2011, 07:02 PM
This paint is pretty good too! http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1716891/TTS-Ready-Mix-Paint-Mixed/

They look good, and good price too! I take it they don't stain? And are they ok for babies and toddlers too? I suppose they must be if they are used in schools.

Thank you
xx

Polly2
23-01-2011, 07:23 PM
They look good, and good price too! I take it they don't stain? And are they ok for babies and toddlers too? I suppose they must be if they are used in schools.

Thank you
xx

They don't stain and I use them with the babies too! Don't forget that those prices don't include vat - still pretty good though :thumbsup: