PDA

View Full Version : How soon after registration did you look at SEF?

Vickster
21-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I have registered online, but not done any of the Sef. I got my certificate on 30th November. I have 3 part time eyfs children, how soon would you complete it or would you leave it another month?

Daftbat
21-01-2011, 08:34 AM
10 years!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Seriously - its obviously wasn't there when I registered but once it came in I did look at it quite soon. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment from your point of view. You need to get your policies and working practices etc in place properly before you will be able to really completel your SEF. When you do it remember that its actually a working document designed to be ammended and added to over time so you could just complete sections you are confident about initially and then keep adding to it.

fab5
22-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I had also wondered this, I think I will leave it for a couple of months. I still have lots more policies & risk assessments to complete and I am currently doing a distance learning ICP so I have enough to do in the evenings at the moment.

madwoman
13-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanx i wondered this as well, but as i don't have any EYFS i didn't think i would be able to do it anyway xx

Rmead
20-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I registered for it too and got my gateway card. I took a look at it yesterday and looked at the sections but don't think I'll be starting it for a good month or two. I start with my mindees next week.

candylove13
23-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I registered at the end of last October, currently have 2 EYFS part timers. I've started their learning journeys and planning and have just begun my SEF. I'm not worrying too much, but have been told by DW it looks good for Ofsted if you've at least made a start. I was surprised by the length of the form but hey ho :)

Loopdidoo
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I think it's a good idea to have an idea of the kind of things that need to go on it! Just so as you go along you can make notes of things that happen/you do that fit the form iykwim;)