PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journey Reflections

Tink
21-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I have a LJ reflection sheet for each term with the Every Child Matters 5 outcomes on:
•Be healthy
•Make a positive contribution
•Stay safe
•Achieve economic well-being
•Enjoy & Achieve

I am doing these for the first time and have a mindee who is almost 1 year old, can anyone give me an idea for each section?

Thank you

Pauline
21-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I have a LJ reflection sheet for each term with the Every Child Matters 5 outcomes on:
•Be healthy
•Make a positive contribution
•Stay safe
•Achieve economic well-being
•Enjoy & Achieve

I am doing these for the first time and have a mindee who is almost 1 year old, can anyone give me an idea for each section?

Thank you

Something quick off the top of my head:

Be Healthy - how about how you wipe their hands after nappy change to get them used to the idea of washing hands when they are older? Healthy food options. Being active/active activities

Positive Contribution - Respond to their babbling and attempts to talk, make them feel their 'conversation' is valued even though you can't understand them.

Stay Safe - How you teach them 'no' or 'don't touch' certain things and explain the dangers in their terms.

Achieve Economic Well Being - Allowing them to be part of the group, make them feel valued by allowing them to be included in activies as much as possible. Praise their attempts to do things.

Enjoy and Achieve - Pretty much something from all the above!

Hope that helps. :)

Tink
21-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Thank you Pauline that's a great help xxx