PDA

View Full Version : Another quick question..gun license!

fieryleo1984
20-01-2011, 09:19 PM
My OH has just pointed out to me that he keeps a licensed shotgon on the premises for when he goes clay pigeon shooting etc. I never even thought about this!! Obviously he has all the relevant paperwork and is locked in a cabinet but will this stop me minding?

Em x

Minstrel
20-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I would imagine if it's locked in a cabinet and completely out of sight and reach of mindees, you should be fine. Maybe ask Ofsted to confirm?

fieryleo1984
20-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks again minstrel. I have my development officer coming to visit on monday so will ask her. Yes it has to be locked and out of the way, the police actually come out to check that its safe and stored correctly. xx

claire'scherubs
20-01-2011, 09:46 PM
My DH has one, all relevant paperwork, locked away and secure etc etc etc, I RA'd it and nothing was said, she saw the gun cabinet and the risk assessment and that was it

sarah707
21-01-2011, 01:41 PM
My ex used to keep guns here and Ofsted were fine about it.

I had a risk assessment and his firearms certificate. The police came every year and checked it out.

Hth :D

Helen Dempster
21-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I've got three replica Scottish swords in my living room (proper sharp) but they are on a shelf way up in a corner and unreachable to even myself (behind the telly). What I'm trying to say is, if he's got a licence and they are locked away in a cabinet (which they have to be by law anyway, right?) then I shouldn't think it would be a problem at all. You may have to explain to potential parents why you've got a gun in the house though?

Roseolivia
22-01-2011, 09:49 AM
My partner has shotguns and air rifles as he clay pigeon and animal shoots and as long as it's locked away (which it has to be to have a licence) OFSTED have no problem with this. I even tell parents about them and show them how secure they are.

Nat78
22-01-2011, 01:12 PM
My partner has a firearms licence and it has never been a problem. Obviously kept locked away on the third floor of our house where the children don't have access to. Ofsted know about these but have never asked to see their security or risk assessment as they have very tight laws covering their storage and use.