PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why ?

Zoomie
20-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Did I think it might be time for us to take down the stair gate.

I have a 26m mindee who constantly climbs on the stair gate and his leg has got caught a number of times.

Today I was going to speak to my 24m mindee's mum to see if she had any objections to me taking the gate down as he is the youngest and seems quite capable of climbing up and down the stairs, only for .....

him to fall down it, head over heels half an hour before collection time :( .

Thankfully okay, with a few red marks on his shoulder / chest but I feel so terrible. I was 5 steps below him, trying to encourage another child to come upstairs with us and turned to see him come tumbling down. Did catch him, but obviously not enough to break the fall :( :( :(

Louise0208
20-01-2011, 06:16 PM
if he didnt do it today, it would of happened another day....kids have a knack of making you feel awfull ;)

at least you were there :thumbsup:

mushpea
20-01-2011, 08:30 PM
years ago I had a child climb on the stair gate and get his leg stuck as i called hiim to get down he twisted his body around to look at me but because his leg was stuck he ended up badly twisiting his hip and ended up in hospital in traction :eek:
somtimes the things we put in place for saftey can be the things that cause the problem!

mufftie
20-01-2011, 08:39 PM
i have the babydan retractable stair gates , bit pricey but well worth it as when not in use they are hardly visable as its like a roller blind and its a sheet of fabric so cant get legs stuck in them .

jemb
21-01-2011, 06:01 PM
SORRY!!! - i went to post a new thread and it ended up here by accident!! Ive tried to delete to repost - but cant delete completely