PDA

View Full Version : NEVER thought I would say this

claire'scherubs
20-01-2011, 06:08 PM
but I Love Ofsted (at the minute anyway).

I put a request in for a variation to allow me to have 2 under 1's last Friday to start today.

Well I hadn't heard anything so I rang them this afternoon and I have the temporary certificate in my hand!!!!!!

How happy am I!!!!!:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Chimps Childminding
20-01-2011, 06:17 PM
wow that was quick!!! Do you mind me asking are these children you already have siblings for? its just one of my parents is on maternity leave and her lo is due to start in June (he will be 6 months). One of their friends had a baby at the same time and would really love him to come here as well (going back to work in august - lo will be 8 months) but I didn't know whether to apply for a variation or just to say I couldn't have him. I was under the impression Ofsted only granted variations for existing mindees.

They would only be together one day a week, and I would only have these 2 and a couple of after schoolies on that day. Does anyone think it would be worth trying?

claire'scherubs
20-01-2011, 06:38 PM
wow that was quick!!! Do you mind me asking are these children you already have siblings for? its just one of my parents is on maternity leave and her lo is due to start in June (he will be 6 months). One of their friends had a baby at the same time and would really love him to come here as well (going back to work in august - lo will be 8 months) but I didn't know whether to apply for a variation or just to say I couldn't have him. I was under the impression Ofsted only granted variations for existing mindees.

They would only be together one day a week, and I would only have these 2 and a couple of after schoolies on that day. Does anyone think it would be worth trying?

No siblings, just wrote an essay on my variation form of how I would care for the 2, one is 11 months old the other is 4 weeks!!!! The circumstances were a little different!!!!!

They did say it was also down to my grading on whether I would get it, but had looked at the report and were very happy with the findings.

Any help you need then please ask and I will try to help

Chimps Childminding
20-01-2011, 06:44 PM
No siblings, just wrote an essay on my variation form of how I would care for the 2, one is 11 months old the other is 4 weeks!!!! The circumstances were a little different!!!!!

They did say it was also down to my grading on whether I would get it, but had looked at the report and were very happy with the findings.

Any help you need then please ask and I will try to help

Thanks Claire! I have been a minder for 12 years and raised triplets plus another son 18 months younger, of my own, so plenty of experience, and between June(cm next door) and I have enough equipment to cover every eventuality, so might see what they say :rolleyes:

Shirlwith3
21-01-2011, 06:01 AM
I asked for a variation last year as had 1 lo under one what was part time & was taking on another that was part time too did different days then as I was taking on new lo my under 1 asked to go full time, I kept chasing up Ofsted then one day I got a call on my mobile while out from them & was told I ahd been granted to have 2 under 1yrs & that is was a perminate thing on my reg but also not for a named child which measn I can take on 2 under 1yrs when I ever I like. I did state in my application that I was getting a lot of calls from mums with babies under 1yrs.

At the moment I mind N who will be 1end of the month & am about to have start 6 month old twins, good job N is walking & that I ave a triple/double pushcahir.

mufftie
21-01-2011, 07:45 AM
they are good lately i put in for one 2 wks ago 2 double my numbers and i got my new cert bk in 1 wk and 2 days ! Welldone