PDA

View Full Version : Leaving child unattended??

louise2778
17-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Same old question keeps popping up but I just had another thought. What happens in my flat when the door goes? Just for example the ofsted inspector is ringing the door bell, my front door is downstairs and my flat is on the first floor. I will have to leave all the children safely in the play room then go downstairs (closing the stair gate behind me) and answer the door.

There is no other way to do it so I guess it will have to be ok but just wanted to hear what you all do :idea:

sarah707
17-04-2008, 06:18 PM
You have no other choice... if I were you I'd risk assess it to show it's the safest option... :D

louise2778
17-04-2008, 06:25 PM
You have no other choice... if I were you I'd risk assess it to show it's the safest option... :D

Now a few days ago I would not have had a clue what that meant but now thanks to this site I am sooo clued up! :clapping:
Great idea, ta x x

Rubybubbles
17-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Now a few days ago I would not have had a clue what that meant but now thanks to this site I am sooo clued up! :clapping:
Great idea, ta x x

:clapping: yeah another one sucked into the forum mwwhhaaaaaawwwwwwwwww#

Hehe oh and I agree with Sarah;)

donnahay0
17-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Have you looked into an intercom system - I don't know how expensive this would be or how difficult to install. Something to put on your wish list and save for. At least it might show Ofsted that you have considered it.

Your only problem is if somebody keeps you chatting at the doorstep - perhaps you could put a 'no sales reps etc to call' sign at the door to cut down on annoying and time wasting.

smithya85
18-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Just out of curiosity how will you take all the children out? like to the park or something? If its possible to get them all downstairs could the inspecter argue that you should take them down to the door with you? :o Ive no idea but hopefully someone will know! :laughing: Im asking because I used to live in a first floor flat and I was thinking about it today and wondered if I'd manage to childmind if I moved to a flat again? How would you get lots of kids into buggy etc without leaving any unattended?

foxy lady
18-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Same old question keeps popping up but I just had another thought. What happens in my flat when the door goes? Just for example the ofsted inspector is ringing the door bell, my front door is downstairs and my flat is on the first floor. I will have to leave all the children safely in the play room then go downstairs (closing the stair gate behind me) and answer the door.

There is no other way to do it so I guess it will have to be ok but just wanted to hear what you all do :idea:

good question , i have my inspection on monday and i was wondering the same. i have a long front garden and i keep the gates at the bottom locked.so when someone rings the bell i have to leave the house walk do the garden and let them in. what am i supposed to do with the children? specially if it raining would take ages to put coats and shoes on them all.

louise2778
18-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Just out of curiosity how will you take all the children out? like to the park or something? If its possible to get them all downstairs could the inspecter argue that you should take them down to the door with you? :o Ive no idea but hopefully someone will know! :laughing: Im asking because I used to live in a first floor flat and I was thinking about it today and wondered if I'd manage to childmind if I moved to a flat again? How would you get lots of kids into buggy etc without leaving any unattended?

I only have a small flat so dont think I will have many kids. If I can look after 2 pre-school age and 1 of school age that would be great. I am thinking that I can get 2 little ones downstairs safely with me and the older 1 can follow behind me but I dont know if thats ok. i def couldnt keep doing it whn th door goes tho. Isn't it funny the things we stress over just to please ofsted. I quite happily raised my 9 year old in this house with no accidents or problems!! :clapping: :clapping: ;)

louise2778
18-04-2008, 01:55 PM
good question , i have my inspection on monday and i was wondering the same. i have a long front garden and i keep the gates at the bottom locked.so when someone rings the bell i have to leave the house walk do the garden and let them in. what am i supposed to do with the children? specially if it raining would take ages to put coats and shoes on them all.

Glad I am not the only one who is miffed about this.....will wait and see I suppose :)