PDA

View Full Version : Contract termination

Mykidsrock
20-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi All
I am pondering on what to do. Have been looking after a schoolie since last year who has been through a few nurseries and cm's in their time. All have given notice due to LO's behaviour.

LO's behaviour here has at times been diabolical but I have always tried to persevere and with the help of my DO have tried to assist parents and LO as much as possible.

However, LO is now getting increasing worse both at school, home and at my setting and this is having an impact on my own children and other children I mind. I know I have a duty to all I care for, but part of me feels like it would be wrong to give up on this LO.

LO's behaviour is rarely violent (this has only happened 2 times) but LO gets in my youngest face and makes them cry. Shouts at everyone, refuses to listen, tries to led others into dangerous situations (to be honest the list is endless). Parents think LO may have something like ADHD but this hasn't been confirmed.

Can anyone point me in any direction that can help LO, parents and my setting before it gets to the point that termination of contract is the only way forward?

Thanks

Jess
xx

sarah707
20-01-2011, 06:33 PM
It can take a long time to get a secure diagnosis for a child's condition and the first step is usually a referral to a child psychologist.

Parents need to go to their doctor or HV and ask for help.

they need to chase and follow up leads and get and go to appointments and ask for help.

It is not an easy process unfortunately. The last child I supported a few years ago had obvious autism and it took 18 months for a diagnosis.

I always say to childminders... your family must come first. Yes you want to support the child but if your children are being damaged then you must put them first.

Hugs x

Mykidsrock
20-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I think I will give it till the end of the month and if no good I will give notice. Have tried to speak to mum tonight and she thinks it is funny - no wonder LO does to!
x