PDA

View Full Version : Sustainability Grant Questions

patevans
20-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I am stuck on some questions the form could some help please?

1st is -

Please give evidence of the effect on the community if you were to close

2nd is -

estimate income and expenditure for the current financial year - really not sure about this one?!

and 3rd -

Amount of Grant applied for.... Please explain how this will be spent

Any help appreciated please.

Mouse
20-01-2011, 05:49 PM
That all seems a bit deep for a sustainability grant application. I assume it's for nurseries as well. Do they have one just for childminders?

When we had a sustainability grant here, it was for a set amount and we had to answer questions about how many vacancies we had, how long we'd had them for, what we were doing to fill them etc. Do you apply for a set amount?

1st is -

Please give evidence of the effect on the community if you were to close

You offer flexible childcare, school pick up etc which other childcare providers can't offer. If your setting was to close it would limit the flexible childcare available to parents

2nd is -

estimate income and expenditure for the current financial year - really not sure about this one?!

I'd go by your last accounts and say that you expect the figures to be similar this year

and 3rd -

Amount of Grant applied for.... Please explain how this will be spent

you'll spend the money on advertising your vacancies, setting up a website, printing leaflets, paying for membership with childcare.co.uk etc and providing yourself with an income to cover lost earnings

Hope that helps a bit.

teacake2
20-01-2011, 05:59 PM
For the second question tell them that you have lost all/most of your income and say what you have earnt so far this year and of course that won't change unless you can get anymore children, compare it with the last years income so that they can see how much you will lose.
Teacake2

patevans
20-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks Ladies :thumbsup: