PDA

View Full Version : What are 8 yr old girls into

solly
20-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I have got an 8 yr old starting at the beginning of Feb with her 6 month old brother. In all the years i have been minding I have always had boys this age not girls and my DD is now 18.

She is coming round this afternoon to meet me so will also ask her what she likes to do but just thought i would ask on here for some ideas of what girls that age like to do.

I am going to go shopping tomorrow to get some bits. I have art/craft stuff i have books and DS's etc so am after other ideas.

She is going to be with me 3.30 to 6.15 4 days a week and in the holidays. Mum is not worried that i have not got any other children that age so want to keep her busy. Mum also wants her to do homework which i dont mind

Any ideas appreciated

Louise0208
20-01-2011, 02:48 PM
when my daughter was 8 (2 years back) it was crafts, music, rolling her eyes & sulking.....much the same as now!

its an odd age for girls as imo they grow up much quicker than boys so not so much interested in 'toys' ....though my daughter loves playing with the LOs & feels important when i ask her to help me with them. :thumbsup:

tracey36
20-01-2011, 02:52 PM
i have had this age group in the past and find the arty stuff is always a big hit

amanda1309
20-01-2011, 04:38 PM
its an odd age for girls as imo they grow up much quicker than boys so not so much interested in 'toys' ....though my daughter loves playing with the LOs & feels important when i ask her to help me with them. :thumbsup:

My daughter is 8 and i pick up 2 other girl mindees of the same age.

They love arty and crafty things, helping with the LOs and music. The ipod is blaring upstairs as I type and they are dancing about up there. They also like playing just dance on the Wii and playing on their laptops.

mushpea
20-01-2011, 05:22 PM
music, make belive play, lego, hama beads, making jewalry, arts and crafts, cooking, some are still in to bratz etc, reading , tv, wii, board games,
outside play too.

SamBaker
20-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Well mine is into club penguin, wii, mp3 player, club penguin, er club penguin and oh did i mention club penguin! she is chewing at my leg to get on the computer as we speak lol!!! just another ten minutes for me then!! But to be honest she loves doing crafty stuff as well probably more than the rest of the mindees I have.

FussyElmo
20-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Crafty stuff, baking, happyland, any baby toys especially if they have been put out for the younger ones, music, dancing wii etc

solly
20-01-2011, 06:18 PM
She came this afternoon and she was really lovely, she has said that she likes the dancing games on the wii, likes th DS arts and crafts, hama & aqua beads and loves reading. She loves watching Hannah Montana and has asked if she would be able to watch a little bit of tv which i dont have a problem with when the other LO has gone home.
when mum came to pick her up she said she couldn't wait to come to me (she used to go to kids club but mum wants her and brother in the same place)
Contracts have been signed and i start on the 31st January :) Its only temporary about 3 months as mum is moving out of the area