PDA

View Full Version : Im not sure where to put this one....!!!

Newbie1!
20-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello my lovely ladies and gents!! I wonder if someone could give me a bit of advice, either from person experience/what they have heard about etc.

Now I know it will be different from area to area but I believe (cant remember where or when I heard it!!) that there may be a possibility of applying for some sort of grant/start up fund to help renovate your property or alter a room etc to help with your business.

The reason Im asking is because id like to have my unused garage converted in the play room. I know about all the stuff about asking Ofsted, planning permission etc but its more the funding I need. Even if theres a grant that I have to pay back that would be better than nothing but I know I wont get a basic personal loan as I dont have very good credit from a long while ago when I was a teenager with a catalogue :blush: :blush:

Ive spoken to my childcare officer today and all she could say is "there may be, dont know, dont know what it would be called or who to ask really"........

Arrrrr.......Im sure Id seen that someone on here once got a grant for home improvements as it was a business type thing that benefitted the business.........your help as always is v v vmuch appreciated!!! xxxx Love you all MWAH xxxx

snufflepuff
20-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure i'm afraid but I do know that in my area there are no grants and no freebies at all, not a penny!

Hope you can get some help though x

Louise0208
20-01-2011, 02:17 PM
the only start up grant around here (leicester) is for equipment (gates, toys, positive images & multicultral toys etc) and your pre reg officer will tell you what you need. :thumbsup:

i always thought getting your home (as in bricks & morter & decorating) in order was your own responcerbility.....wish it was otherwise as my adjoining garage would make a great playroom :D

Mouse
20-01-2011, 02:27 PM
There were capital grants available through Derbyshire County Council, but I'm not sure if they're still available as most grants have now been stopped due to cutbacks. I think they were for a maximum of £2500, but there were conditions(such as you had tohave been minding for a year). They were available 6 months or so ago, so I'd have though someone in the childcare team should know what they were called.

Other than that some areas do a start up grant, but that's normally for a couple of hundred pounds as is for things like first year's insurance, to cover application fees & for safety equipment.

Unfortunatle grants in most areas seem to be coming to an end now.

Minstrel
20-01-2011, 02:27 PM
We don't get any grants here either i'm afraid and the only ones i've heard about in other areas have been £100 worth or so for your docs certificate and insurance/starter packs from ncma etc

Sorry x

keeks
20-01-2011, 02:35 PM
We don't get any grants here either i'm afraid and the only ones i've heard about in other areas have been £100 worth or so for your docs certificate and insurance/starter packs from ncma etc

Sorry x

Sorry, this has nothing to do with anything, but Minstrel, everytime I see your avatar I get severe cravings for Minstrels. They are my all time favourite and I could easily down a large bag in about a minute right now! :laughing:

Newbie, I have no advice, sorry. Good luck!

xx

Minstrel
20-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Sorry, this has nothing to do with anything, but Minstrel, everytime I see your avatar I get severe cravings for Minstrels. They are my all time favourite and I could easily down a large bag in about a minute right now! :laughing:

Newbie, I have no advice, sorry. Good luck!

xx

Me too!

They are my favourite sweet too and when i was at school my surname was similar to minstrel and i always had a bag for breaktime snack (wonder why I has a weight problem?? :rolleyes: ) so i was nicknamed Minstrel!

keeks
20-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Me too!

They are my favourite sweet too and when i was at school my surname was similar to minstrel and i always had a bag for breaktime snack (wonder why I has a weight problem?? :rolleyes: ) so i was nicknamed Minstrel!

I am at this very moment munching them. I cracked and got some in asda this evening, haven't been able to get them out of my mind today! :eek: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: