PDA

View Full Version : too much time on my hands...

Helen Dempster
20-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Helloooo...

Mindee is asleep - tried poking him to wake him up but he doesn't wanna know (I'm so bored!) :blush:

Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you give the older children in your care questionnaires to see how they enjoy the time with you/what can be better/what they like and dislike etc? I'm thinking about doing one, but knowing how honest kids are, I'm also thinking "can I handle any negative comments?" I'm very hard on myself at times, so my DH keeps telling me :blush:

I'm also sitting here reflecting on my practice, knowing there's so much more I could be doing, but not finding any inspiration from anything at the moment! I need a boot up my backside I think!

AliceK
20-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I have just done this, sent them home and got all mine back this week. One child when asked on the form what they enjoy doing when they come to me they have told their mum who has put on the form "eating biscuits" :laughing: . This mindee is only with me from 3.15 until 4.15pm and parents asked me if she could just have a drink and a biscuit when she gets in from school so that's what she does. No mention of any of the playing / singing / colouring she does just that she likes eating biscuits :laughing: Mind you this is the same mindee that has also put on her form when asked if there was anything she doesn't like doing she has put "being put on time-out" :eek: . Now I do use timeout but I can honestly say hand on heart I do not remember ever having to put this particular child on time-out. Not sure what Ofsted will think of this, I obviously stuff the children full of biscuits and put them on time-out :rolleyes:

xxxx

cheryl6880
20-01-2011, 12:35 PM
hi yer its a good idea as it shows you value childrens opinion ofsted like to see this if you do get negitive feedback you could find out why and look for ways to inprove

The Juggler
20-01-2011, 12:37 PM
put the telly on and get a cuppa!!!!

miffy
20-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I have just done this, sent them home and got all mine back this week. One child when asked on the form what they enjoy doing when they come to me they have told their mum who has put on the form "eating biscuits" :laughing: . This mindee is only with me from 3.15 until 4.15pm and parents asked me if she could just have a drink and a biscuit when she gets in from school so that's what she does. No mention of any of the playing / singing / colouring she does just that she likes eating biscuits :laughing: Mind you this is the same mindee that has also put on her form when asked if there was anything she doesn't like doing she has put "being put on time-out" :eek: . Now I do use timeout but I can honestly say hand on heart I do not remember ever having to put this particular child on time-out. Not sure what Ofsted will think of this, I obviously stuff the children full of biscuits and put them on time-out :rolleyes:

xxxx

Maybe not the one to show Ofsted! :laughing:

Miffy xx

ajs
20-01-2011, 12:46 PM
i did this the inspection before last and ofsted couldn't have been less interested sorry

i had some lovely comments too