PDA

View Full Version : Medical Form Charge

Anjie30
20-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I have just taken my health declaration form to the doctors for them to fill in and aware that there may be a charge (me thinking it wiuld be approx £10 or £15 pounds) i was absolutely gobsmacked when they wanted £87!!!!!!!!! :eek:
How can they justify that??????????????
They said they get the prices from BMA , it seems alot to pay and i am having to be very careful with my money as it is!!!!!
I have seen on here that alot of doctors have not charged or have charged a minimal fee.
I guess i am going to have to pay £87 but it has put me in a bad mood now:(
Lots of policies to type up now - yawn - i will get there eventually!!!!!

Andrea

tash1508
20-01-2011, 10:32 AM
That's outrageous!! Mine charged me £20 which is not too bad, but £87??? That is just ridiculous! Isn't there anybody you could speak to?
I would be writing to my local papers ha ha!
Good Luck x

TinyTinker
20-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Mine was £35 which I was thankful for when I had heard somebody at my ICP course was charged £120:eek:

grindal
20-01-2011, 11:02 AM
My doctor was very apologetic about the fee - asnd charged me £5.00 - was a couple of years ago now, but I often read post about this and am grateful to have been so lucky!

By the way the cost is down to your individual surgery not BMA

Sally West
20-01-2011, 11:23 AM
That's outrageous! I was charged £25 which I thought was a lot :blush: How can they justify the cost? In most cases the receptionist fills in the form using your details off the computer and your doctor just signs it :mad: I'd be fuming!

Rmead
20-01-2011, 11:37 AM
:eek: Oh my goodness! Mine was free was really surprised it was. I'd be moving surgeries if I could rather than pay that!

miffy
20-01-2011, 11:40 AM
It's a total lottery as to how much you're charged - it should be capped!

Miffy xx

leo3
20-01-2011, 11:42 AM
i only paid £15 and that was 9 years ago. thats a sill price. all they do is print it of the pc

marlee1986
21-01-2011, 01:34 PM
i paid £40 and im in the north of cambridge, can u not claim it back through ur course

NickyKD
22-01-2011, 08:27 AM
My doctors wanted to charge me £100! i made a big fuss and spoke to the practice manager and she reduced it a little to £87 which i paid still under protest. The doctor had only written 10 words and had ticked 5 boxes must have taken 5 mins. I think it is outrageous they can charge that when some only charge £5

~Grasshopper~
22-01-2011, 08:57 AM
when i phoned i was told mine was £65 then when i dropped it off she said there could be a charge and when i collected it i was charged £35.

x

hassiba
22-01-2011, 04:16 PM
i have heard from some friends that it will be over 100 pounds but i was very happy about paying just 40 £ witch is not really bad;)

Marshmallow
22-01-2011, 09:44 PM
:panic: I was charged £96.50 :censored:
Guess Peterborough doctors must need the money !:eek:

jo.jo76
22-01-2011, 10:41 PM
My partner and I had ours done at the same surgery, I collected mine and wasn't charged, my partner went to get his and was charged £10!
I think I must of got the receptionist that didn't know what it was! :-)

Blackcat
23-01-2011, 12:57 PM
i made an appointment to see the doctor and he filled it in there and then and stamped it and gave it back to me to post, the receptionist said they charged 30 pounds when she stamped it :D but as the doctor stamped it and sealed it i just went to post it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AgnesManch
23-01-2011, 01:00 PM
ive paid £15 and that was 2 months ago. ive thought they can charge up to £70 only but £87 or even £100 ? thats just wrong! I think you can claim back this can't you? I believe you can even claim bus costs when you going on the courses :)

flowerpots
23-01-2011, 01:04 PM
my doc had mine for 3 weeks and still hadnt posted it off, i booked an appointment to collect it and he said 'all you have to do now is go and pay at reception £35.00' i gave him a few choice words about him having it so long and walked out with it in hand!

I think its ridiculous and i would pprob change surgery than pay that too!:mad:

tidsy tots
23-01-2011, 02:40 PM
i was worried about the cost of this aswell as i had heard of the rediculous cost charge by some gp practices, so was very happy when i took mine in and was told it would be £11.00 but they was,nt sure. so i was really pleased a week later when i popped in to see if it was done. and they told me it had been completed and posted to ofsted and there was no charge....:clapping:
so i think these GP's that are charging these rediculous prices are just filling there pockets at our expence. I think we should all get a petition going and complain to the proper authoritys. and stop these outragous charges:angry:

Marshmallow
23-01-2011, 05:51 PM
i was worried about the cost of this aswell as i had heard of the rediculous cost charge by some gp practices, so was very happy when i took mine in and was told it would be £11.00 but they was,nt sure. so i was really pleased a week later when i popped in to see if it was done. and they told me it had been completed and posted to ofsted and there was no charge....:clapping:
so i think these GP's that are charging these rediculous prices are just filling there pockets at our expence. I think we should all get a petition going and complain to the proper authoritys. and stop these outragous charges:angry:

:thumbsup: Good idea