PDA

View Full Version : 1st nursery visits

gegele
20-01-2011, 07:53 AM
it sounds really stupid but mindee's mum is taking mindee to visit nursery today (she'll be 3 in dec and will start nursery gov funded session in january next year) and i feel GUTTED that i'm not there!!!:blush:

i don't know why i assumed that i would be doing it as mum is part time and wouldn't have miss this step in her daughter's life for lal the tea in china but i still feel like i'm missing out :blush:

we come so far with her, she was my screamer who now is a sociale butterfly who really need to be taught about stranger danger LOL

she's growing...:(

sarah707
20-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I took a mindee (full timer years ago) to her first nursery session and blubbed as badly as if she was one of mine :rolleyes:

Hugs xx

miffy
20-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Hope mum calls you later to let you know how it went!

It's hard taking a step back sometimes.................

Miffy xx

gegele
20-01-2011, 09:19 AM
i know :blush:

the thing is i'm the one who kick start mum into action as she's expecting 2nd baby and told her to get ready as nursery are filling fast for funded sessions.

i'm supposed to have baby and i told mum that itwould be cheaper for her to found nursery that would give her the 5 free session over 2days so she just have to pay a tiny bit extra for lunch and mebefore and after for a little bit plus half a day... so i'm robbing myself of 2 and hald day wage!!!

AND by pushing her to get organised nursery said if she want space she needs to take one at least 2am a week from september and then extend to 2 full day and an half. mum okish with that but she was supposed to leave her with me 1day a week during mat leave to get her out but if mum pays for nursery she probably wont be able to afford me on top:eek: :eek:

result for helping the family : lose of income for about 9months :eek: :(

JCrakers
20-01-2011, 12:34 PM
i know :blush:

the thing is i'm the one who kick start mum into action as she's expecting 2nd baby and told her to get ready as nursery are filling fast for funded sessions.

i'm supposed to have baby and i told mum that itwould be cheaper for her to found nursery that would give her the 5 free session over 2days so she just have to pay a tiny bit extra for lunch and mebefore and after for a little bit plus half a day... so i'm robbing myself of 2 and hald day wage!!!

AND by pushing her to get organised nursery said if she want space she needs to take one at least 2am a week from september and then extend to 2 full day and an half. mum okish with that but she was supposed to leave her with me 1day a week during mat leave to get her out but if mum pays for nursery she probably wont be able to afford me on top:eek: :eek:

result for helping the family : lose of income for about 9months :eek: :(

I did the same...had S who started with me when she was 14m, she's now 3.5yrs so entitled to funded at 3yrs. I lost her,a full timer (40hrs a week) down to 16hrs a week and mum had a baby so I held place open for new baby for over 9months..baby came for 8weeks and screamed constantly so they had to take her and try a nursery. :(
So overall by holding the place open for nothing, I lost a huge amount of money and now I still have the vacancy. Being nice doesnt pay off sometimes. :(