PDA

View Full Version : Car

emmadines
19-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Im sorry to repeat the question but I got my hubby doing my tax return (I have enough paperwork to do at mo with college at mo)

I brought a s max for the business although it does also get used for personal use, I was told that as its mainly for business then I can claim something back on my tax return, dose anyone know what the percentage is???

oh I havent claimed fuel for it as we only got it in August
Many thanks

sarah707
19-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Have a look at the tax document in free downloads - there's info in there about car deductions.

Always ring the tax office for more complicated things like capital depreciation though as it can have long term repercussions.

Hth :D

emmadines
19-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Thankyou
x

Chatterbox Childcare
20-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Are you claiming .40p per mile or capital depreciation?

emmadines
20-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Are you claiming .40p per mile or capital depreciation?

no Im not, I called them this afternoon and after waiting for almost 10 mins to get off hold I was told that its 20% of the cost of the car, then what ever percentage used for childminding.
:jump for joy:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2011, 11:57 AM
no Im not, I called them this afternoon and after waiting for almost 10 mins to get off hold I was told that its 20% of the cost of the car, then what ever percentage used for childminding.
:jump for joy:

work it all out. Yes it is 20% but that amount comes off for the following year and once it is written off then you cannot start claiming .40p. You need to keep all receipts as the car needs full accounts