PDA

View Full Version : Feel a bit fed up and deflated :(

newbie1512
19-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi

Im beginning to wonder what im letting myself in for, although really looking forward to starting my CRC on Sat.

The thing is, my hubby has got a colourful past shall we say, assult (in self defense) against a woman which was 11 years ago and 5 years ago he was banned twice from driving for drink-driving, all before we met but ive got an awful feeling that the CRB is obviously going to show it all and im not going to get registered. I wish they let you do the CRB first.

Ive put so much work, money and time into it already and im not even at the point I can send my application forms off yet. I just think now that maybe im doing all this for nothing and give up before im told no. I know you can contest the decision if they say no but i want to be registered on my own merits and not because ive kicked up a fuss.

Sorry to have a moan but I just want it all to be ok,ill be devastated if I cant register

Blaze
19-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry - About to sit down for dinner, so no time for a proper response - but wanted to bump you up...it's a more common concern then you think!:)

Aimi-jo
19-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Aww sorry, Didnt want to read and leave, not that i quite know what to say. Im new to this aswell so havn't got as much experience as others on here, everything is worth a shot. I hope it works out for you :) :group hug:

jo.jo76
19-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I personally don't think they will refuse you. However, it may make your application take slightly longer as they may send someone round to interview you both. They can do your registration and put conditions on it, for example that your hubby cannot be on the premises whilst you are minding.

HTH
Jo

sarah707
19-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Someone who has offences against children is an absolute no-no and assault against a woman might come under the same banner.

However nothing is certain with Ofsted and they do take every case on its own merits.

You are right though, it does seem daft to go through the process of courses etc if the CRB is going to disqualify you.

I would give Ofsted a ring and speak to them... see if they can offer any words of wisdom.

Hugs xx

keeks
19-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Good advice already given.

I am sorry you have to worry about this whilst putting a lot of hard work in. I agree that it is silly that you can't do the CRB first. :(

Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

:group hug:

xx

kirstya
19-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi there, I am in a similar situation (although hubbies convictions were 25 years ago) and rang ofsted as, like you, would have hated to put so much time, money and effort into it to be rejected at the last hurdle! His convictions were drink driving, criminal damage & fraud(stole a bank card when he was 19!). Ofsted told me that these convictions were not likely to mean i would get refused but it may take a little longer to register if they wanted to look into it further or come out and speak to DH. So give them a ring - it might put your mind at rest - it did mine.

Kirsty x

Penny1959
20-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Hi there, I am in a similar situation (although hubbies convictions were 25 years ago) and rang ofsted as, like you, would have hated to put so much time, money and effort into it to be rejected at the last hurdle! His convictions were drink driving, criminal damage & fraud(stole a bank card when he was 19!). Ofsted told me that these convictions were not likely to mean i would get refused but it may take a little longer to register if they wanted to look into it further or come out and speak to DH. So give them a ring - it might put your mind at rest - it did mine.

Kirsty x

Good advice - Ofsted will be able to tell you if may cause a problem.

As Blaze has said this is quiet a common issue and in the past I have advised LOTS of prospective cm with these concerns - and only ONE of them actually was not able to register.

It can cause a delay while 'questions' are asked and records checked.

Not my position to advise on your personal situation - but Ofsted can do that so give them a call.

Hope all works out

Penny :)