PDA

View Full Version : Who do you have breakdown cover with?

Beetlejuice
19-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I signed up with AA last year and was paying £11 a month. They've written to me this week renewing my membership and saying it's now £20 a month!! Seems a steep rise to me - especially when I've not even called them out. I don't seem to have qualified for any 'no call out' discount.

Please would you mind sharing who your breakdown cover is with, how much it costs and if it covers everything (homestart, breakdown, towing home etc). I would prefer to pay monthly than one fee up front.

Many thanks

B x

AliceK
19-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I signed up with AA last year and was paying £11 a month. They've written to me this week renewing my membership and saying it's now £20 a month!! Seems a steep rise to me - especially when I've not even called them out. I don't seem to have qualified for any 'no call out' discount.

Please would you mind sharing who your breakdown cover is with, how much it costs and if it covers everything (homestart, breakdown, towing home etc). I would prefer to pay monthly than one fee up front.

Many thanks

B x

I'm also with AA and I have it all including Repair Cover which I have used before and I only pay £19.67 per month which is odd as I used pay £27 per month but it's gone down, maybe because I changed my car????

Def don't go with GreenFlag, in my experience they are just glorified tow trucks, never repaired my vehicle just towed me to a garage. Useless.

xxxxx

manjay
19-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I have it all with AA too including the breakdown repair cover. Came in useful last week as I didn't have to pay £350 for a new alternator:thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
19-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm wondering whether it's worth me calling them to say I'm not happy and try and get a no call out discount or say I'm moving companies??:idea:

Louise0208
19-01-2011, 05:46 PM
greenflag......free with insurance otherwise we wouldnt bother at all as dad is a mechanic :thumbsup:

manjay
19-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I do actually have RAC cover included with my bank account but it doesn't offer everything we need so continued with our AA cover.

patevans
19-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I dont kknow who my cover is with, I get it free with Morton Michel car insurance!

charleyfarley
19-01-2011, 05:59 PM
We're with the RAC and get a no call out discount each year so it's actually getting cheaper each year :D

Carol xx

sarah707
19-01-2011, 05:59 PM
We have 2 cars with Auto Aid.

It costs £37 a year... we pay for any rescue / recovery / work etc and they refund it by cheque when we put in a claim form.

We found it on www.moneysavingexpert.com and have used it for a few years now.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/roadside-recovery

We did have to call someone out a while ago... they tried to fix the car, couldn't so towed us home and we got the money back really quickly.

Hth :D

sillysausage
19-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Like Sarah I'm with Autoaid too. Yes, you need to pay upfront if you call them out (just make sure you have a credit card with you) but they are really quick to refund you. I object to paying AA/RAC charges when more often than not you don't use them.

blue bear
19-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I bought rac cover with my tesco vouchers £69 for all 5 of is who evers car we might be in, they do different deals for individual circumstances.

caz3007
19-01-2011, 06:59 PM
We rang the AA as hubby has been with them for years and they really bumped up the premiums this year. I googled the RAC and we said that they were offering it for £x per month and they beat it to keep us. So its definately worth a try.

Beetlejuice
19-01-2011, 07:55 PM
We rang the AA as hubby has been with them for years and they really bumped up the premiums this year. I googled the RAC and we said that they were offering it for £x per month and they beat it to keep us. So its definately worth a try.

This is what I did!! Called the AA, told them I got a cheaper quote with another provider online and they dropped the price to just 70p more than I'm paying now :D Was definitely worth threatening them :laughing:

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

The Juggler
20-01-2011, 11:17 AM
i'm with Sheila's wheels. think it's £90/year and that's for their top cover - we drive to wales and nottingham regularly and if we break down they will drive us to our destination, tow our car and give us a courtesy car once we arrive.:)

cheryl6880
20-01-2011, 12:38 PM
im with rac as they insure the person not the car so im covered no matter what car im driving both me and my husband are covered for about just under £16 a month

Chimps Childminding
20-01-2011, 07:40 PM
we get aa through our bank, I pay a bit extra each year for homestart!