PDA

View Full Version : How to ask parent for payment ???

Tippy Toes
19-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi

After some advice.

Parent brings little one here once a week, he has been ill quite a few times since he started and has therefore not attended on a regular basis.

Anyway child was due Tuesday but child unwell and in hospital (has been back and fore having tests etc to see what is wrong) that same day parent was due to some and review contract.

She eventually turned up and only told me child was not attending as she came through door.

She told me that her little one would have to go to hospital each tuesday (the day child attends my care) so she would like to end contract but then said she would like him to still keep contact so I asked her did she mean she no longer wanted care on a tuesday and wanted to change to another day to which she said yes.

So she agreed she would bring little one on Friday, she told me she would call me later that day to confirm how long little one would be attending hospital on the tuesday.

She never called me so I called her this morn, no answer but she text me straight back and said she was leaving hosp and would call me later.

Just had text from her to say little one still not well today, hoping he would be ok to come friday and she would be in touch etc.

The thing is she was suppost to pay me on Tues (just gone) for the following week but she didnt even mention it and I didnt like to say anything because of the circumstances and was hoping she would mention it today but nothing?

What should I do? I dont want to seem insensitive etc but I do need the money???

Also thing is not the first time parent has not paid me on time, it is a regular thing.

Just worried she wants to end contract and not pay the notice period.

Im sorry this is a million questions in one but it is very confusing and Im just not sure what to do!

Help :panic:

marnieb
19-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Just drop her a text with a gentle reminder to bring payment on friday when she brings lo, or if she prefers tell her you'll give her your bank details.

As I keep having to tell my cm friend......

You run a business not a charity!!!!!!! You wouldnt have a plumber over and not pay, the same applies to a childminder, end of!!!!!!!

Yes, things probably aren't easy with a poorly child, but you still have bills to pay at the end of the day, and food to buy...

butterfly
19-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Just drop her a text with a gentle reminder to bring payment on friday when she brings lo, or if she prefers tell her you'll give her your bank details.

As I keep having to tell my cm friend......

You run a business not a charity!!!!!!! You wouldnt have a plumber over and not pay, the same applies to a childminder, end of!!!!!!!

Yes, things probably aren't easy with a poorly child, but you still have bills to pay at the end of the day, and food to buy...

Good advice. A gentle text will remind her if she's really forgotton. If there's a notice period to be paid for I would writee a letter as a matter of course explaining that you understand she wants to end her contract, explain what notice period there is, the last day of minding is X, and the fees owed are X and are due X. I do this for all parents who give notice and then we all know where we stand.

Bridey
19-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Would you really charge notice considering its a changed day and the circumstances for the swap? I mean, are you intending to charge her for two days for the next four weeks?

mama2three
19-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I would try and sound like i was thinking of her - something along the lines of offering your bank details so she can do a transfer over the internet as you understand she has a lot on at the moment.

Tippy Toes
19-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Would you really charge notice considering its a changed day and the circumstances for the swap? I mean, are you intending to charge her for two days for the next four weeks?

No. I was just going to charge her for the one day per week.

But she confused me when here on Tuesday and didnt actually confirm that she was definately going to swap to Friday. She said she would confirm what was happening e.g ending contract or swapping days...

Tippy Toes
19-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I text parent back (earlier on) and said I was really sorry little one was still not well and I hope little one was feeling better v. soon. I added that I hated asking but if passing could she please drop fees in that were due this week as I need to get them into the bank.

That was several hours ago and no reply :(

I really do hope child is well but she has been so unreliable since contract started :( Im starting to think maybe I should give her notice as I am feeling very stressed out at the moment not knowing what is going on :blush:

I have trying to be very understandable and flexible but its hard sometimes as she wont answer my calls or texts (I mean in the last 6 months of contract)

What to do? What to do? :(