PDA

View Full Version : Why why why!

Minstrel
19-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I never get any enquiries from my own children school! Have just had a perfect enquiry from a family, twins every afternoon and a LO after school but i can't do it!! Would love a bigger car and then i could drive it but need the work to be able to afford the car!!

I hate this job sometimes :(

kel1983
19-01-2011, 02:05 PM
oh no thats such a shame :(

I dont drive so am limited to only collecting from one school :( need to earn more in order to pay for lessons and car

Penny1959
19-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Oh that is a shame

Any chance a friend could drop the school one to you?

Penny :)

Minstrel
19-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh that is a shame

Any chance a friend could drop the school one to you?

Penny :)

Ooooooo now that IS a thought

Will email them back and suggest. Thanks !

rickysmiths
19-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I did two schools last term. Never again :panic: , it was a nightmare. getting los in and out of the car in the freezing weather, rushing from one to the other. I gave notice at the beginning of Dec.

Minstrel
19-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I did two schools the whole of last year but because my two were at each one and I would have been going there anyway, i didn't mind. Now i have my own baby and two big ones at same school i hoped to keep it all at one school. Annoyingly the work seems to come from elsewhere.

There is a CM whose been doing it for years and she always seems to be full. :(

Tippy Toes
19-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I know how you feel :(

gigglinggoblin
19-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I dont drive but live right between 2 schools. even though its only 20 mins from one to the other my kids found it exhausting (as did I), its up a horrible hill to the second one. Just not worth it for us.

mrs robbie williams
19-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I know exactly how you feel - im currently driving a clio (2 door to make things worse) ive got a 7 seater chrysler grand voyager at the bottom of the garden waiting for dh to get round to fixing it :angry: its been there 2 years !!!!!! :eek: so i can only take mindees out in the car depending on how many ive got at a time which is a total pain if i need to pop to shops but have too many for the car !!

SamBaker
19-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Would love a bigger car and then i could drive it but need the work to be able to afford the car!!

:([/QUOTE]

So know that feeling!!! :laughing:

Ripeberry
19-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I drive and have space in the car and I'm in between two schools, one a mile away (where my girls go) and the other less than half a mile away.
I always get enquiries for the closer school, BUT I have to go to my kids school first due to parking and both schools come out at the same time.

The headmistress says they they are not happy for the child to wait, even for 10 mins :angry: So that lost me the job and there was no-one else who could drop off. Too dangerous a road for the child to walk to me (no pavement).

clio0602
19-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I do 2 schools and a nursery at mo and hate it. What makes it worse is that a 4 yr old is at full time pre school and takin up one of my full time under5 places. I've turned down 6 enquiries in the past month because of it. :-(

Minstrel
19-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I do 2 schools and a nursery at mo and hate it. What makes it worse is that a 4 yr old is at full time pre school and takin up one of my full time under5 places. I've turned down 6 enquiries in the past month because of it. :-(

oh i had this! I took on a 3 yr old 3pm-5pm when i first started out without fully thinking it through and it mucked me up no end!

Noomie
19-01-2011, 09:34 PM
It is hard doing more than one school but I do it. I have 20mins to get to one school to the other and it works bar a few mins and it is only 2 days a week that it may cause problems. I am always so apologetic but last time, receptionist said not to worry. A) because I was only a couple of mins late any way, B) it wasn't every day, C) there were still 5-10 children that needed collecting and D) they totally understood.

I have been a teacher in school for 10 years. We let out at 3.30 and would wait 10 mins for children to be picked up. That is if we even let out on time! Schools should be more flexible for this if you ask me and it really isn't any skin off their nose to sort it out.

miffy
19-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Hope you get some enquiries from the right school soon!

Miffy xx