PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Phil and Teds double

kel1983
19-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi
I need a little advice

I have been reading the threads on double pushchairs and have been slightly put off by the side by side ones

I am seriously considering a phil and teds.

I mind a 21 month old and a little boy who will be 3 next month (very accident prone)

I only have them both at the same time on a Monday and have an hour round trip to do the school and back to do pick ups. I aim to get the nearly 3 year old to walk a lot but he does tend to get really grumpy and tired about 3pm.

So I really only need a double one day a week. I could replace the single mothercare urban detour (which I love) with a phil and teds as it can be used as a single too oh and then I wont have to find space for a 2nd pushchair:thumbsup:

What I really want to know is whether it will withstand the weight of these 2 children. If yes which child goes in what seat.

I did look at attaching a buggy board to my urban detour but the hood is in the way.

Really could do without the large expense at the moment but I am thinking a double will come in handy if I eventually take on any more little ones (I hope)

If any one has one for sale I would be intrested.

Thanks in advance

Bridey
19-01-2011, 02:01 PM
The younger child goes in the rear seat. I love my Phil & Teds, its brilliant being able to convert it into a single when needed.

Alibali
19-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I love mine too, and have a very heavy 2 1/2 yo and a 14 month old together no prob. Heaviest child always at front. It is an expense, but so worth it. The only prob I find is that if your bigger one is walking then the lo will be in the front, then when older one wants in you have to swap them round!

AliceK
19-01-2011, 02:10 PM
In theory the younger child goes in the rear but if you have a 3yr old like I do who may or may not need to hop in (and out) then I always put my 18mth old in the main seat and my 3yr old hops in and out of the back seat as she needs to. If I put the 3yr old in the front then she would have to stay there as if she got out I'd have to move the 18mth old to the front or else the buggy will tip with no-one in the front. P&T's are very sturdy so no worries on the weight front and even with the 2 in I can still steer it with one hand.

xxxxx

kel1983
19-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice. It has made me want to buy one more now. :clapping:

Just need to find one for resonable price.

If any one know of one for sale that isnt on ebay can you let me know

Thanks

Rubybubbles
19-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I love my phil and teds and have never (unless a long journey and older one not walking at all 2/3yrs age) put them in the front!

I always remember watching an older child climb out the front and it tipped with baby in back:panic: made me stick to what I do! I love my phil and teds and just today posted about a buggy pod as I love it so much and only need 3 seats in the morning (for about 1 hour lol) as it's over a mile to pre-school from main school so need to move fast (roll on size 12:laughing: )

clio0602
19-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes I've had a 2.5yr old in back and 2yr old in front. When theres a heavy one in the back tho its a bit of a bump up the kerbs but it is great pram, very sturdy and soooo easy to steer!

Just wish I could use it more but have to use car for school pick ups as I do 2-3 schools that finish around the same time :(

Louise0208
19-01-2011, 02:54 PM
we went on a walking holiday last year with our P+T our lazy lad was 4 at the time & LO was 21 months & they were fine.....a pain in the harris to put up & down all the time but thats the only down side :)