PDA

View Full Version : SO ANGRY

LilyBelles
19-01-2011, 08:08 AM
i hope this is in the correct bit but need a rant

Dad turns up this morning and tells me he has quit his job!!! there for my services are not going to be needed anymore for childcare to there 1 and 6 year old and they are giving me 3 weeks notice!!!!

I wouldnt mind as these things happen but normally i have nothing to do with dad only mum and feels like a kick in the teeth too as i have taught there son walking talking etc and given him 1-1 care that he ODVIOUSLY doesnt get at home and now this im soooooooo angry and now worried that im not going to get ought else as all the calls i took when i had these i have turned down looks like back to the drawing board huh

Louise0208
19-01-2011, 08:12 AM
i can understand you feeling used but to be fair thats what we are there for....to mind the children while parents are working......which dad is no longer doing.

something else will come along :thumbsup:

btw...hellow from another leicester lass :D

Mollymop
19-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Sorry this has happened. I hope you are able to fill their spaces soon x

singingcactus
19-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Sorry you've lost the kids, but I'm not sure what your anger is about. You were contracted because care was needed, now care is no longer needed so they have given you the notice you asked for in your contract. If you feel the little ones are being neglected at home you need to contact ss, otherwise you probably need to be a little more careful about saying the negative things about the care they receive at home.

tracey36
19-01-2011, 09:38 AM
its such a shame when children go :( make sure in the next 3 weeks you advertise as much as possible to try fill your spaces x

Mouse
19-01-2011, 09:39 AM
It's a shame that they've given notice, but that's what happens in this job. I hope you manage to fill your spaces soon. AT least they've given you notice, noy just walked out.

As for having taught mindee to walk & talk, I'm sure you've played your part in that, but I'm sure parents have as well. As someone else has said, if you really do feel the children are neglected, you should note your concerns and take advice on it.

And who knows, perhaps now that dad will be at home during the day mindee will get the 1-to-1 care you think he's missing out on now :thumbsup:

Goatgirl
19-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Lilybelles,
Sorry you've had such a knock: That's the trouble with this job, it can all change with very short notice.

It does feel personal as we put so much care into looking after the children. Especially in this case, as Mum didn't even tell you herself. (Was Dad polite about it?)
But try not to take it personally, sounds like Dad changed things suddenly, so maybe Mum made him tell you himself as he created the situation. You just don't know what goes on behind the scenes...

What's important is that you've done a great job with the children whilst you were needed. At this point, if it was me, I hope I'd just be professional but friendly about it, reassure Mum when you next see her that you understand - everyone has to do what's best for their own family after all.

Then give them an acceptance of notice letter, with date to finish, final payment date and the final payment amount. If your contract says 3 weeks all well and good, but if its 4, I'd stick to that as they agreed when they signed the contract :rolleyes:

Wish them luck etc... and of course, Don't forget to ask for a reference :thumbsup:

Hope you get more enquiries soon: you never know what's round the corner, its not always bad ...

bws,
Wendy :)

lishylee
19-01-2011, 10:01 AM
its hard when this happens , has happened to me twice once was twins i looked after i was given a days notice and they left as mum had quit her job i ended up losing out on 3 weeks money as thats what notice i ask for

and again for 3 sisters i was looking after i was gutted when i got told this was beacuse mum was due another baby and partner didnt want her to go backto work after the baby was born which was fair enough but i got told all this in an email :( i was gutted they couldnt tell me face to face as we got on really well

hope you manage to fill your spaces soon xx

Bridey
19-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Contracts start and contracts end. There is no point getting angry about it, we're running a business. Its not aimed at you personally if a family's circumstances change and they no longer require your service.

LucyatMCM
19-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Maybe Mum made Dad come because she was worried about upsetting you and it is him who's lost his job (not that it's his fault!)

Don't forget he's bound to be job hunting... Don't give them a reason not to come back to you if you'd be happy to have them!

Good luck!

LilyBelles
20-01-2011, 11:35 AM
i can understand you feeling used but to be fair thats what we are there for....to mind the children while parents are working......which dad is no longer doing.

something else will come along :thumbsup:

btw...hellow from another leicester lass :D

hi louise!!!

Thanks all for replys i have chilled about it now just gutted really about no work etc but like all have said thats are job its the joys of being self employed