PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure the RSPCA think I'm a fanatic!!!!

jumpinjen
19-01-2011, 07:55 AM
We go to a lovely local park that used to be a race ground so it is lozenge shaped with a big pond on it populated with Canad geese and ducks..... anyhow i have now telephoned thme twice in as many months to report geese in distress, one that couldn't walk and one that was emaciated with something trapped around it's neck.... next time we go they seem to have picked it up as said goose is no longer there but I'm practically on first name terms with the call centre now, I'm sure they think I'm e self-styled 'goose police' or something!

jenni

Louise0208
19-01-2011, 08:00 AM
you keep it up :thumbsup:

i hate to see animals in distress :( even the scabby, 1 legged, club footed pigeons we have in town :D

gegele
19-01-2011, 08:00 AM
LOL :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
19-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Aww poor birds, its a good job you are there keeping an eye on them. well done u x

angeldelight
19-01-2011, 08:39 AM
I think its great that you bother Jen

The amount of time someone has told me that they have seen something like this and then do not call anyone cause they cant be bothered :eek:

Mind you I remember once my sister calling the RSPCA about a swan who was injured - the RSPCA did not want to know :eek:

So my sister picked up the swan and had it on her lap in the car and made her hubby drive her to the RSPCA :laughing:

You should have seen their faces when she arrived with the swan :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

mrs coops
19-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I think its great that you bother Jen

The amount of time someone has told me that they have seen something like this and then do not call anyone cause they cant be bothered :eek:

Mind you I remember once my sister calling the RSPCA about a swan who was injured - the RSPCA did not want to know :eek:

So my sister picked up the swan and had it on her lap in the car and made her hubby drive her to the RSPCA :laughing:

You should have seen their faces when she arrived with the swan :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

She is very brave i wouldn't of touched one i'm petrefied of swans:blush: but saying that she did do right thing by taking it to them. x

AliceK
19-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Well done you, carry on doing it, like someone else said a lot of people can't be bothered.
I remember a few years ago calling them as there was a field of horses that looked very thin. I called them and they were so helpful especially seeing as I didn't know what the name of the road was just the area and the fact that it was next to the M4 :blush: . They did go and investigate though.
I hate seeing animals in distress

xxxxx