PDA

View Full Version : SEF help please - Ofsted coming Thurs

Jemzie
19-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi i have Ofsted coming on thurs for my first inspection, and was just wondering if anyone could help me with the sef, i have bought sarahs e-book already but still seem to not know what i need to put/how i need to put it for the form - probably due to lack of sleep from trying to complete it in a rush. what do i need to input for sections
section 3a Evaluation of priorities for improvements,
section 5 ,
O - The effectiveness of leadership and management in the Early Years Foundation Stage,
P - The capacity of the provision to maintain continuous improvement?
Q - How well does the setting meet the needs of children in the Early Years Foundation Stage?

Do i need to do a summary evaluation for the above or can i list the improvement i plan to make & why?

Also i section C a tick section or do i need to comments on each section to prove my answers?

Stressed and out of time, please can anybody provide ideas / help
Thankyou in advance.
Jemzie

sarah707
19-01-2011, 07:54 AM
If you have the guidance to the SEF and my e-book I'm not sure what other information I can give you to be honest.

it's about you and your practice - so talk about that!

Continuous improvement for example... buying e-books, borrowing books from the library, liaising with other childminders, finding out information from other settings to make sure you are always meeting the child's needs, attending courses to improve and extend your knowledge, making changes in how you work when you find a better way of doing things.

Keep it short and sweet, use bullet points rather than sentences if they help.

Give a couple of examples... I went on xx course because it interested me... it has helped me to improve outcomes for children because I learned...

Hth :D

angeldelight
19-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi Jemzie

Sounds like you have all the information that you need

You sound like you know what you are doing - so maybe you are trying a little bit to hard ?

You have only been registered since Sept so I think whatever you can show you have done / improved on in those few short months is going to be fab

Good luck tomorrow and do not worry you will be fine

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Jemzie
19-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks for your ideas, sorry sure it will be fine, and i probably am trying to put too much, willl let u know how i get on.
Thanks again
Jemzie
xx

Jemzie
25-01-2011, 05:34 PM
And i got good across the board, so very happy. Thanks for your comments, and Sarah your e-books were fabulous and did make sense, think it was just that i was staying up too late so to tired to take it in properly!

Jemzie :)