PDA

View Full Version : Oooh noooo!!! Twin buggy mess!

keeks
18-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I bought my Koochi twin road runner a few weeks ago, and today was the first day I needed to use it. I have been practicing, pushing, adjusting, attatching buggy board etc, and really like it because it folds quite small and is light weight.

Well, after managing to get nearly 3 year old, 12 month old and 16 month old down the stairs, out the door and into buggy we were ready for our first outing to the park together.

Except we couldn't get out the gate!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So got them all out, folded pushchair, got them back in outside gate, off we went. On our way back both young ones fell asleep. So there I was, two babies asleep and couldn't get back in through the gate! :laughing: :eek: :laughing: :eek:

Long story followed, but it's not working out really, so looking at a tandem now.

Anyone know anything about Cosatto Duet Lite Tandem Pushchair? It looks lightweight and smallish and I read a nice review.

I also read the other double buggy thread and got some other ideas.

xxx

PixiePetal
18-01-2011, 11:10 PM
does it need to go in a car? You say 'down the stairs' - are there lots - inside or out? some buggies are easier than others.

If you don't need it to fold for a car - I have the Jane twin two tandem. Not good for going down stairs/lots of steps. Comfy and roomy though and very sturdy but bulky to store. (I keep it up in the shed!)

keeks
18-01-2011, 11:21 PM
does it need to go in a car? You say 'down the stairs' - are there lots - inside or out? some buggies are easier than others.

If you don't need it to fold for a car - I have the Jane twin two tandem. Not good for going down stairs/lots of steps. Comfy and roomy though and very sturdy but bulky to store. (I keep it up in the shed!)

Hi Pixie, I don't need it to go in a car, but in my only storage cupboard in my 2 bed flat! :eek: That's what I like about the koochi twin, it folds so small and isn't heavy. My converted flat is upstairs, so the stairs are just inside the front door.

The Jane twin two tandem looks amazing though - when I get a big house perhaps! :D There is one on ebay I was considering bidding on - just a space issue.

xx

PixiePetal
18-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Pixie, I don't need it to go in a car, but in my only storage cupboard in my 2 bed flat! :eek: That's what I like about the koochi twin, it folds so small and isn't heavy. My converted flat is upstairs, so the stairs are just inside the front door.

The Jane twin two tandem looks amazing though - when I get a big house perhaps! :D There is one on ebay I was considering bidding on - just a space issue.

xx

It would probably fill your flat!

In which case I would go for a Phil and Teds. For storage the wheels come off really easily and it then folds quite small. I have one of those too for going into town on the bus :o

keeks
18-01-2011, 11:33 PM
It would probably fill your flat!

In which case I would go for a Phil and Teds. For storage the wheels come off really easily and it then folds quite small. I have one of those too for going into town on the bus :o

Yes it probably would! :D

Thanks for the tip, I'll go test drive tomorrow, I have a settle in the morning then I'm on the loose!

xx

onceinabluemoon
19-01-2011, 07:20 AM
The P&T is extraordinarily heavy to carry so be aware, especially if you have to carry it up and down steps!

How wide is your gate? The maclaren twin triumph is (I believe) the narrowest side by side twin on the market and possibly easier to carry. I believe it 73cm wide but would check with a pram site on the net for specs.

Or... have you tried pulling your buggy through the gate sideways? It's not easy but possibly better than spending out another 300 quid on something you may not like, lol!

The Juggler
19-01-2011, 07:25 AM
oops. not sure what to suggest really

singingcactus
19-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Oh no! I remember going through loads of doubles one year (bought second hand so not quite as pricy as it sounds) finally found one that worked then got posted to somewhere else where it no longer worked lol. I'll be looking again in a month or two when my next baby starts.
Smyths has one in that is kind of similar to the p&t which I am going to go and look at to see how it feels. It's way cheaper than p&t, yes I'm sure it is not as perfect as p&t, other than that I'll look at the tandem they have in stock. I hate the p&t and am only considering one in that style so that I can do away with the single I have as this one will be both so will ultimately save space.

keeks
19-01-2011, 03:00 PM
The P&T is extraordinarily heavy to carry so be aware, especially if you have to carry it up and down steps!

How wide is your gate? The maclaren twin triumph is (I believe) the narrowest side by side twin on the market and possibly easier to carry. I believe it 73cm wide but would check with a pram site on the net for specs.

Or... have you tried pulling your buggy through the gate sideways? It's not easy but possibly better than spending out another 300 quid on something you may not like, lol!

You've got to laugh really, the gate is... yes of course, it is 72 cm wide! :laughing:

The mothercare guy said that they recommend you buy a tandem if you've got children of different size (as in not twins). Otherwise the buggy will be putting more pressure on everything on one side apparently.

I did try sideways, but it is pretty impossible unfortunately. I'll go out and try again I think, just to explore the possibilities further. :D

xx

keeks
19-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh no! I remember going through loads of doubles one year (bought second hand so not quite as pricy as it sounds) finally found one that worked then got posted to somewhere else where it no longer worked lol. I'll be looking again in a month or two when my next baby starts.
Smyths has one in that is kind of similar to the p&t which I am going to go and look at to see how it feels. It's way cheaper than p&t, yes I'm sure it is not as perfect as p&t, other than that I'll look at the tandem they have in stock. I hate the p&t and am only considering one in that style so that I can do away with the single I have as this one will be both so will ultimately save space.

Could I ask what you hate about the P&T? I tried one today, it was really easy to steer but very heavy and it looks wrong to have a baby underneath like that. I really enjoyed the test drive though, I did a one finger 360 spin, cheered on by the mothercare guy. :clapping:

xx

blue bear
19-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I have phil and teds and love it, was not sure but had hurt my shoulder and could no longer manage side by side I am now a convert and would not swap back. My old double (still have it) is a mclaren triumph, lovely and narrow, you can flick up the bars at the bottom to squeeze through smaller gaps, it doesn't pinch the children or anything. It's lighter to carry up stairs than phil and teds but is harder to push IMO.

sweets
19-01-2011, 07:33 PM
i would try the buggy through the gate again! when i first bought my double, a side by side, in theory it shouldnt have fit through my front door as it measured 3cm wider but in practice it did if i went in at a bit of an angle. try it without children in then your not stressed and take your time at giving it a wiggle! lol.

i soon got rid of the pram as hated having a side by side as found it awkard to push, bought a jane powertwin and love it!

Donkey
19-01-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.jusonne.co.uk/black-twin-tandem--stroller-pushchair--currently-out-of-stock-486-p.asp

is the one I have and its a very very light pushchair!!!

except with 2 heavy mindees in:laughing:

keeks
19-01-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.jusonne.co.uk/black-twin-tandem--stroller-pushchair--currently-out-of-stock-486-p.asp

is the one I have and its a very very light pushchair!!!

except with 2 heavy mindees in:laughing:

This one looks pretty good! What do you think of it - positives/negatives?

It's out of stock though, typical!

xx

keeks
19-01-2011, 07:50 PM
i would try the buggy through the gate again! when i first bought my double, a side by side, in theory it shouldnt have fit through my front door as it measured 3cm wider but in practice it did if i went in at a bit of an angle. try it without children in then your not stressed and take your time at giving it a wiggle! lol.

i soon got rid of the pram as hated having a side by side as found it awkard to push, bought a jane powertwin and love it!

Good plan, I will do that, you never know. :D

xx

singingcactus
19-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Could I ask what you hate about the P&T? I tried one today, it was really easy to steer but very heavy and it looks wrong to have a baby underneath like that.

xx

That's the bit I hate. The baby looks like an afterthought. They are so low down to the ground. There is another reason I hate it but since it is the fashionable one on here I will keep that reason to myself :) would hate to upset people, or incur the wrath of others lol.

Tam's Tribe
19-01-2011, 07:52 PM
OMG . . . I am really sorry (but I can imagine even you :laughing: , inbetween :eek: ) but you really put a smile on my face, I actually laughed out loud at your post!!! . . . I could just imagine it mainly coz it is probably exactly something I would do :D

I hope you get sorted soon.

Lovies
Tam
x

PixiePetal
19-01-2011, 07:57 PM
That's the bit I hate. The baby looks like an afterthought. They are so low down to the ground. There is another reason I hate it but since it is the fashionable one on here I will keep that reason to myself :) would hate to upset people, or incur the wrath of others lol.

I dont really like the P&T either but it does the job I need. I live outside a village so have a 10 min walk up a narrow lane to bus stop and need to be able to get on bus too :rolleyes: side by side no good and tried my twin two but it was hopeless on the bus :(

I am looking out for a second hand out n about though for our country walks over our farm land - no way could I take a mindee for a nice walk in the back of a P&T, what would they see to get pleasure from?!

Mookins
19-01-2011, 09:12 PM
i have the Maclaren triumph...excellent side by side , quite light too...i can measure for you tomoz cant get in the room now as just been given a slide:clapping:

xx

berkschick
19-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a Graco stadium duo and on a Monday I end up folding and unfolding it 9 times with all the pre school runs and toddlers etc! It hurt my back getting it in and out of the car and wont clip shut with the footmuffs on so was having to try and get it in the boot before it sprung open lol

So I decided to get a smaller double and went for the Cosatto duet lite and I have to say I am very disappointed with it. Luckily I only paid £50 for it from Ebay and it really is like new but its a pain to push. I have 20 months and 9 months in it so not heavy children. I thought the brakes were stuck on it was that hard to move! But it folds up nice and compact and it much easier to get in and out of the car. The back seat is a decent size too and each seat has its own sun canapy. I have kept it for my car double but gone back to my Graco for walking the school runs.

Several of my minder friends have the Jusonne one and swear by it. The Cosatto is more roomy and has the double hoods but the Jusonne one is smaller in length (not much though) and the front seat reclines but on the Cosatto only the back reclines but it lies totally flat and velcros up for a baby.