PDA

View Full Version : Making contact with other care providers?

rhea26
18-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi, I have a mindee 1 day a week, he also goes to a nursery and pre school in the week, I know we are meant to liase with the other care providers but mum said she is not bothered about me doing this, I have gave mum a letter to pass on introducing myself with the planning I have organised for mindee but not heard anything back. Do I keep trying with them or would ofsted look badly on me if I cant have contact with them?
Thanks.

jo.jo76
18-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I had a big discussion about this with my inspector at my registration visit. She told me that they are really trying to encourage childminders to be involved with other carers of the children and them with us. She said that at the moment there are not many nurseries that are interested in what childminders send them but they are looking into penalising nurseries if they ignore childminders efforts to be involved, as they are not meeting certain criteria for sharing information. So the best advice was to keep sending them things, ask parents to pass things on or ask to be invited to open days and things, at least you are then fulfilling your requirements, even if they do not respond.
Hope that all makes sense
Jo

rhea26
18-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply, how do I prove to ofsted that I am trying at my end, do I keep copies of everything I send to show them?
Thanks.

jo.jo76
18-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes I would assume so, maybe log it in your diary or something. Then you can say to Ofsted, for example, on this date I gave child's nursery this information.
I hadn't really thought about how we prove this is what we are doing!