PDA

View Full Version : own children's accident forms

Helen79
18-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I was just wondering if we have to keep a record of our own children's accidents if they happen in working hours if they're notable, obviously not every bump and scratch?

When I fell down the stairs when I had mindees here I recorded it. Just wondered if Ofsted would want to see this as good practice.

For eg if mindees all banged their heads on my coffee table and so did my own ds, I'd update my RA and reference the accidents to it but wouldI only need to mention mindees accidents.

Pipsqueak
18-01-2011, 04:04 PM
no ofsted are not interested in the slightest what happens to your own child in their own home.

moogster1a
18-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Some people must just live for paperwork!!

grindal
18-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Ofsted may not be interested but I would certainly recommend using accidents to your children to inform your RAs.

My lawn had loads of clover in it and attracts loads of bees over the summer. Both my own children got stung - and I documented it, and made relevant RAs. I used this evidence recently when i successfully completed a Capital Grant application for my garden. So I would say Yes, write it down you never know when it might come in handy :blush: