PDA

View Full Version : prs

Donkey
18-01-2011, 02:01 PM
who has had a letter from these leeches telling us that we need to pay £44 a year to allow us to play music????

they sent it to my business name and road with postcode...

unsure where they got my details but I called them up said I had an office at home and that they were canvassing a residential property...

they took my name and said I would be left alone...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whatever next...

rentokill contracts for our food hygiene, waste disposal, medical waste disposal...

along with insurance, ofsted fee and ico its getting a bit silly!!!

The Juggler
18-01-2011, 02:10 PM
what a joke. Ring your early years team to find out hon. that is so ridiculous. PRS is for playing music in a public place - we are not a public place this is our home.

Donkey
18-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I think they are just canvassing all business and trying to trick them into paying...

she asked if I had clients or customers come to my house...

I said no as I have mindees and the kids are not paying me and I keep their parents on the doorstep lol:laughing: :laughing:

miffy
18-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh blimey! Never heard of this and hope I don't get one.

Do these people think we are bottomless pits of money? I wish...............

Good to post a warning though Flutters

Miffy xx

xdirtydancerx
18-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh my dad got one of those a few weeks ago! He is a chimney sweep and my mum takes calls at home and he goes and sweeps the chimneys. So there is no one coming to the house or anything but they still tried to get money out of him. They'll try allsorts!! :rolleyes:

Donkey
18-01-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.prsformusic.com/Pages/default.aspx

is the company....

rickysmiths
18-01-2011, 05:40 PM
who has had a letter from these leeches telling us that we need to pay £44 a year to allow us to play music????

they sent it to my business name and road with postcode...

unsure where they got my details but I called them up said I had an office at home and that they were canvassing a residential property...

they took my name and said I would be left alone...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whatever next...

rentokill contracts for our food hygiene, waste disposal, medical waste disposal...

along with insurance, ofsted fee and ico its getting a bit silly!!!

Are you registered under your business name with the Environmental Health Dept? If you are it is likely they have got it from here because our names are published on it and it is available on line to the gen public with our full address. Not a fact that is highlighted.

Donkey
18-01-2011, 06:02 PM
not sure if its environmental health, dont think I gave them my business name...

it was the fact they didnt have the door number...

could be fis, could be haven thingy...

sarah707
18-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh how silly :(

cherry pink
19-01-2011, 08:57 PM
ooh i got one of these this morning, had a quick read and shredded it :rolleyes:
think i read something about paying if you have 4 employees or less...well i've got none so they can go jump in the lake :D