PDA

View Full Version : noisy toys!

sweets
18-01-2011, 01:49 PM
is it just me who can't stand them? i mean why does everything have to beep and chime! and why do they have to be so loud! :angry:

i have a pop up toy that drives me mad, it plays classical music really badly whenever a button is pressed, just the little animal popping up should suffice!

books that have buttons annoy me too, books are for reading quietly. :angry:

cars shouldnt beep as its nicer if the child playing with it uses imagination and nee naws instead. :angry:

i feel mean tho if i don't replace batteries on a noisy toy as the child keeps pressing buttons and nothing comes out.:(

am i being miserable?:laughing:

Helen79
18-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I can't stand them either. I find they always tend to fight over the noisy toys aswell cos they all want a go at the same time.

I got rid of nearly all of them just before xmas and now I only have a bear that sings quietly, a mobile phone that beeps and an aeroplane that plays a song that gets stuck in my head all day. The batteries are going to run out soon ;)

We always have music on so it's not so quiet.

Minstrel
18-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I take a loooooong time to relace batteries, weeks sometimes months! :laughing:

mrs_scottydog
18-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't like them either. My DS is 2 and until Christmas we had 2 phones that beeped. Then everything changed and I think most of the toys my DS got make a noise. The worst ones are the ones with no volume control. :(
No more piece and quiet for us then, I feel your pain Hx

sarah707
18-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I take a loooooong time to relace batteries, weeks sometimes months! :laughing:

There aren't any batteries in my house either! :cool: :D

curlycathy
18-01-2011, 06:12 PM
And isnt it annoying when you are sitting quietly of an evening and someone breathes wrong and sets something off which is ALWAYS at the bottom of the toybox!!!!!

sweets
18-01-2011, 07:24 PM
And isnt it annoying when you are sitting quietly of an evening and someone breathes wrong and sets something off which is ALWAYS at the bottom of the toybox!!!!!

yep i have a little yellow dinasaur that breaks into 'she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes' whenever i walk across the room. it also gives off little roars. its actually the only beepy toy i like.

loocyloo
18-01-2011, 07:31 PM
There aren't any batteries in my house either! :cool: :D

and isn't a shame that the shops don't have the batteries you want !! ;)

Kimmy050983
18-01-2011, 07:49 PM
well that won´t happen here we, as we have got no toys with batteries. out of my belief in steiner education...
in my opinion it is damaging to a childs imagination to sit in fron of a toy that does everythjing for them...
children here prefer playing with pinecones, acorns, natural wooden toys (like grimms, ostheimer i.e. toys that LAST) , play silks, books, wooden kitchen, natural dolls made of cotton and wool... all things that are beautiful to look at , that engage children and that have many different uses.
what is it in this nowadays generation that kids NEED to grow up with plastic noisy toys that other children have built in poor countries?? and that then end up in landfills , clogging the earth??
when i was a child we played outside all day, we had few toys but that didnt matter, we were happy. and i am only 27...i feel sorry for all these children for losing their precious childhood..:panic:

sorry for the rant but this sits on my heart.