PDA

View Full Version : got the call last night eeeeek mrs o is coming and gave me the following list

mrs robbie williams
18-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi, Mrs O rang late yesterday evening to say is coming on one of two dates and gave me the following list of things she wants to see on the day:

crb checks for everyone over 16 as well as mine
learning and development records for all Early Years Children
completed SEF
a written reference from each set of parents stating if they were happy with my setting and this must be in a sealed envelope
childrens records
written permissions
accident book
medication book
policies
risk assessments

Just thought it may be helpful for those worrying about what Mrs O will want to see :)

butterfly
18-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Interesting about the written reference - not heard of that before.

xdirtydancerx
18-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Mrs O asked me if I had any written references but I didn't know anything about them. Will definitely be more prepared next time. Just a shame it's 3 years away (or maybe not ???)

Louise0208
18-01-2011, 12:13 PM
:eek:

i know full well the parent of my younest 2 wouldnt give me a reference......she cant be bothered to return school forms or read my newsletters regarding my holidays so wouldnt take time out to do this!

xdirtydancerx
18-01-2011, 12:18 PM
:eek:

i know full well the parent of my younest 2 wouldnt give me a reference......she cant be bothered to return school forms or read my newsletters regarding my holidays so wouldnt take time out to do this!

Ahhh you have one of those mums too :laughing:

mufftie
18-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Interesting about the written reference - not heard of that before.

me neither but sure it could be arranged

funemnx
18-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Written references! How ridiculous, anyone could have written them! Lol!

acorns
18-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Written references! How ridiculous, anyone could have written them! Lol!

Now that's an idea:)

rickysmiths
18-01-2011, 01:16 PM
She would have difficulty with my CRB as well because I don't have one I've been a childminder so long :laughing: :laughing:

Ofsted carry out the CRBs she shouldhave a record of these anyway.!!

funemnx
18-01-2011, 01:20 PM
She would have difficulty with my CRB as well because I don't have one I've been a childminder so long :laughing: :laughing:

Ofsted carry out the CRBs she shouldhave a record of these anyway.!!

I haven't got a CRB either, I started when social services were in charge :)

Bridey
18-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Not all of my parents managed to find time to write me a reference before my inspection but 3 out of 8 did and that was fine for Ofsted. I put them in a file with all my old references and thank you letters - My Childminder Boasting Folder! :littleangel:

Chatterbox Childcare
18-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Do a questionnaire for the parents and that should suffice

As to the CRB I would be questioning why as Ofsted have the records direct from the CRB checkers (whoever they may be at the time)

this inspector sounds picky bur organised so have your visitors book at the ready or maybe she will be in a hurry (hopefully)

Playmate
18-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Do a questionnaire for the parents and that should suffice

As to the CRB I would be questioning why as Ofsted have the records direct from the CRB checkers (whoever they may be at the time)

this inspector sounds picky bur organised so have your visitors book at the ready or maybe she will be in a hurry (hopefully)

mmm! my thoughts exactly :D

Can I just add the Sef is not compulsory, great if you have but just talk the talk if you haven't and don't forget to check her ID :thumbsup:

good luck :D

miffy
18-01-2011, 03:01 PM
In the olden days, before Ofsted, you used to have to get 3 written references from parents in sealed envelopes to hand over to the under eights officer when you were inspected.

Miffy xx

Minstrel
18-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Best of luck for it :thumbsup:

mum2two
18-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I got asked for refs for my inspection in July last year. I managed to get 2 out of the 3 parents, one even e-mailed me a copy!

I even asked the playgroup to write a letter for me, confirming I provide them with info etc, as I said I did in my SEF, but I have no evidence of anything from the playgroup.

I still only got graded a 'good' as couldn't be outstanding, as even though I provide loads - constantly to the playschool, they refuse to share anything with me, so that's my fault & I couldn't be 'outstanding! :angry:

We are just doing more and more of their jobs for them, what with writing the SEF's - they just take bits from it for the reports...

xx

xdirtydancerx
20-01-2011, 07:09 PM
They'd not even looked at my SEF - they just ended up reading it off my laptop lol

loocyloo
20-01-2011, 09:05 PM
i've had 2 parents leave recently - one 3 months ago, and another 2 months ago ... both offered ( before i asked :D ) a reference and said they'd give it to me before they left ....

guess what, i'm still waiting! i've chased each one, and been told, ''its end of year''/''i'm in the midst of christmas'' ... do i chase again?

thing is, one family i've cared for the children for 7 years !!!! and the other, i had for 2 yrs, then they had a year off, and came back for another 18mths! only left 'cos i'm moving!

so i'd really like a reference, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get one! :angry:

snufflepuff
20-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I had a reference from one parent and questionnaires filled out by all parents.

She took a copy of my SEF away to read as she hadn't had time, and posted it back with a post it note on the front saying somthing like 'very through, well done.' ...... Grrr, that took me 2 solid days, the hottest weekend of the year sat indoors on my laptop. I hardly ate all weekend and stayed up until the early hours doing it. And it made no difference, she had graded me before she even read it. I shouldn't have bothered.