PDA

View Full Version : SUSTAINABILITY / GOING GREENER?

butterfly
18-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have a policy or statement regarding their setting being Eco-friendly? I'm really keen to get the kids involved in recycling, composting, reducing our energy consumption etc and wondered whether this would be good in some some of document. Just be good to inform parents and show that we were thinking about the wider world. Would this come into the EYFS anywhere?

Mrs Pootle
18-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi, don't want to read & run. This sounds a great idea, I have never thought of having a policy for recycling etc. Will watch this thread with interest. :)

Playmate
18-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi, don't want to read & run. This sounds a great idea, I have never thought of having a policy for recycling etc. Will watch this thread with interest. :)

me to :D someone must have one??

rickysmiths
18-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I have a short statement in my parent info folder stating that all the cleaning products and washing liquids I use are non-toxic (don't have a black triangle on them) and eco-friendly.

angeldelight
18-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Does anyone have a policy or statement regarding their setting being Eco-friendly? I'm really keen to get the kids involved in recycling, composting, reducing our energy consumption etc and wondered whether this would be good in some some of document. Just be good to inform parents and show that we were thinking about the wider world. Would this come into the EYFS anywhere?

I have not

But I am sure I have some activity ideas somewhere if you want them about recycling etc ?

Angel xx

butterfly
18-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I have not

But I am sure I have some activity ideas somewhere if you want them about recycling etc ?

Angel xx

Yes please!

angeldelight
18-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes please!

Can you message me your email please

xx

butterfly
19-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Just bumping this up incase anyone else has some sort of policy?