PDA

View Full Version : play kitchen recomendations

sarahstanbridge
18-01-2011, 10:59 AM
i am looking to get a new play kitchen but cant decide which one to go for. i have narrowed it down to 3.

1. elc sizzling kitchen
2. elc red retro wood kitchen
3. step 2 kitchen.

i want something that will last and be sturdy. any recomendation would be appreciated thanks sarah x

PixiePetal
18-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I love the look of the retro kitchen but know the step2 is so sturdy :rolleyes:

Not keen on the sizzling kitchen personally :o

I have had a little tikes one, now in the playhouse outside as I got a bargain wooden one when there was one going cheap a couple of years ago (a glitch I think!)

Twinkles
18-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I have the little tykes one bought for £3 a couple of years ago at a jumble sale :thumbsup:

desiderata
18-01-2011, 01:03 PM
I used to have the little tykes plastic one but after 16 years use I had to replace it . I have not long purchased the little tykes premium wooden kitchen and its fab. The children love itxx:clapping:

jo.jo76
18-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I saw the elc red retro wood kitchen on display in ashford at the weekend and it is lovely. Seems pretty sturdy too
Jo

gigglinggoblin
18-01-2011, 01:42 PM
We bought the red retro kitchen for ds. Dh put it together and said he has put together real kitchens that were worse quality. One of his mates was round and they both had a play with it to see how good it was (they are both nearly 50 lol). Its beautiful, the kids all love it and so do I! It feels like it will last for ages. Dont forget if you ask you can get a discount card as a cm and get 10% off anything full price at ELC.

Personally I wouldnt want one that made noises, partly because I dont like listening to them and partly because changing batteries is one of my pet hates!

Donkey
18-01-2011, 01:42 PM
have you looked at the ikea duktig kitchen...

we have it, very sturdy and budget friendly

kel1983
18-01-2011, 01:43 PM
My nieces have the elc retro red kitchen. Its brilliant if you have the space. They are 7 and 4 and it is a lovely height for them.

MaryMary
18-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Snap! :D The kids love it, and my 11 year old DS built it (and is very proud!) :clapping:

(Sorry, I know this wasn't on your shortlist :p )

sarahstanbridge
18-01-2011, 04:12 PM
now seen the sizzling kitchen and dont think is strong enough. so now its a toss up between step 2 and elc retro??????

AnnieM
18-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I have a little tykes kitchen that I got off ebay, but if I could afford it I would have the ELC retro one. :thumbsup:

miffy
18-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I've got the ELC sizzling kitchen and I wouldn't recommend it because the doors drop down, this means toddlers can't get close enough to the kitchen so they stand or kneel on the doors which then break.

Also if anyone leans on the lift up flap it tips over.

I would like the Ikea one but can't justify the expense atm

Miffy xx

SammyM
18-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I got the red retro one, had it over a year and still looks brand new, def a good investment, amd all the kids love it.

Allie
18-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I have two little tykes kitchens a little one I got at a car boot for a fiver and a big one one of my mindees gave me when she out grew it at eleven, both are fantastic and look like they will last for ages

The retro one looks good though

Allie

Mouse
18-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I have a Little Tikes country kitchen outside, but much prefer a wooden one for indoors :thumbsup:

mufftie
18-01-2011, 08:24 PM

ive seen these theryre gorgous