PDA

View Full Version : All change!

crazyhazy
18-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Trying to be positive about this but struggling a little!

I gave notice to mindee A last week on thur morning, long story but it was a temp agreement and I have a baby lined up to fill the space from march.

Then thur afternoon, after my after schoolie didn't turn up again with no notice, her mum texted saying she thought it would be better to terminate, this one I don't mind, I like the mindee but she's 12 and half the time decides to go to her friends and doesn't turn up so lots of hassle tracking her down.

Then this morning, my before and after schoolie gave notice, I'm a bit gutted about this one, seems they don't think I provide good care for her age group (she's 9y) and she's unhappy? Very strange as she seems happy enough when she's here and I wish they'd spoken to me to see if we could fix things first.

So from the middle of april I'll be done to just my existing baby mindee and the new one who'll be doing settling in sessions to start in march. Will be very strange but also nice not to have to rush back for schools getting out, although the financial side of things is a bit worrying.

miffy
18-01-2011, 11:02 AM
You can never tell with this job what's around the corner can you?

Apart from the money side of things I think it will be quite nice not doing a school run in all weathers, having to wake babies up etc etc.

Is it worth having a word with the 9yo parents to see if you can fix whatever they think is wrong?

Miffy xx

Tink
18-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh i'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure if you advertise something will come along and I know what you mean about the financial side, it is always a worry in our job as we can never guarantee mindees coming to us, we just have to wait for the phone to ring.

I hope you enjoy your little break and enjoy having the baby with you and i'm sure something else will come along soon xxx

sarah707
18-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd get advertising and see who comes along. You never know what is out there :D

crazyhazy
19-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks, am feeling a little better about it all this morning, on the bright side it means no more 7am starts! and I'll be finishing at 4.30pm 2 days a week and 1.30pm on a friday, so much better for family time. I'm not sure I'm going to advertise the vacancies, so far I've had a 9y, 11y and 12y and found them all more work than my little ones so if we can get by till August when my own daughter goes to school I'll have another baby space to fill then and we'll be fine.

The Juggler
19-01-2011, 07:26 AM
glad you're feeling better - good luck with the advertisingx