PDA

View Full Version : Quick opinions pls

clio0602
18-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Got lo coming and signing contract for 7hrs 1 day wk. I was goin to start taking dd to Pyjamadrama on tuesdays so txt parent askin if its ok to take mindee and said yes. Thing is not sure whether to charge for it or not as its my decision and toddler grps I include in fee although this is a class and £5 each. Should I just put it through books or ask for half???

miffy
18-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh tricky one and it's not as if you really know the parent yet. I think I would find it difficult to chareg for this because it's my decision to go - if you said you were going to charge and parent said no then would you still want to take your own dd?

If mindee can go and just watch you could give the parent the choice of letting her join the class (and paying).

Sorry, not much help am I?

Miffy xx

marnieb
18-01-2011, 11:07 AM
What i do, if it's my choice to go then I don't ask the parents to pay, as I'm the same as you my dd is 22 months so we'd be doing soft play, groups etc anyway......

But £5 is a lot, maybe ask her to pay half??? That doens't sound unreasonable to me.

butterfly
18-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe ask 'how would you feel about paying for this?' Just say you've just realised it's £5 per child and now weren't sure. If she says she'd rather not pay then it's up to you to decide what to do. You might just find she says yes!

tracey36
18-01-2011, 11:39 AM
it is a lot maybe ask for half towards it or claim against your tax :)

Tippy Toes
18-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I would ask for money towards it. It is a lot for you to have to pay.

MaryMary
18-01-2011, 01:58 PM
It is a tricky one.

If you ask the parent to pay now, she may feel like she is paying twice for that hour! If it were me (as the parent) I would feel a bit miffed, that I had been asked with no mention of money, then asked to pay later. However, if it were me, I might have asked how much it was before I agreed!

You could say how much it is, and does she still want LO to go? And if she says no, you could offer to pay half.

Good luck